Thread: Weston Cane Burnished

PageB Guest

Default Weston Cane Burnished

Just found this forum and want to thank Duane. Very informative .

I'm considering buying the McNary sofa in Weston Cane Burnished but I am wondering if that leather comes from China? I've been quoted 3808 + tax + del. for gr 2 protected and hope that's a fair price. But my first concern is the origin of the leather. If it does come from China, are there any leathers in the Town and Country line that are imported from another country? Thanks so much for your help!

Default Re: Weston Cane Burnished

You're welcome!

Weston is a leather that comes out of Germany. They take the 'Cane' colorway and hand-glaze it to darken it.

As far as I know, the Chinese leathers in the H&M lineup are:

Document
    Cavalier
    Caress
    Alberta (promotional hide only)
    Kipling (Can be either from Italy or China, as they have two tanneries and source from both. The ones from China are actually more consistent.)

Most new hides coming into the H&M line are from Italy and South America. They have not brought any Chinese leathers into the lineup in the past several years to my knowledge.

A # 4487 McNary in a GR 3 leather at $ 3,808 is as good a price as you are likely to find. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

PageB Guest

Thank you so very much Duane! With only one H&M dealer within 100 miles of me, it was very difficult to compare prices. I did put my deposit down yesterday and will be returning to the store today to pick out a recliner. Actually, I have the recliner style picked out (the 1021), but they do have it in the Alberta line which I will not buy in spite of the price. Actually, after reading that you won't carry it, I am a little shocked that this store does. I know they're trying to cater to all prices ranges, but still.... My sales associate did tell me yesterday that the Alberta leather comes from China as he knows my feelings, so I do appreciate that very much.

Later this afternoon, I will post again just to let folks know how much the "leather education" I received here helped me.
    Last edited by PageB; 01-16-2012 at 10:15 AM.

bubbaonline Guest

That's similar to my local dealer... they have that sofa on the floor... I think the price is $37XX + $99 delivery + tax.

Sounds like your dealer is in the ballpark..

PageB Guest

Thanks Bubbaonline. Actually, I made a mistake in the price when I first wrote last Friday. It was over by about $30 (putting the sofa under 3800). My store delivery is $100 so they are probably very close to each other total.

My big news is I picked out the leather to go with the 1021 chair. I'm getting Tiburon Pine which is absolutely beautiful with the Weston Cane Burnished . And the chair is SO comfortable. I really can't wait to get them! Figured I better go ahead today since I found out here about the price increase tomorrow. And yes, they let me see all the H&M suggested prices.

AlanR Guest

I posted or tried to post a question. I have just bought a Hancock and Moore sofa and chair in Weston Cane burnished. It is, I am told, a no. 3 unprotected leather. My question is how careful do I have to be. Will a red wine spill be a disaster?

Look under the LEATHER section, there is an existing thread on this topic.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.