Thread: Almost Overwhelmed Newbie looking for recliner

RyanB407 Guest

Default Almost Overwhelmed Newbie looking for recliner

Hello everyone, I'm loving this site but finding a little controversial information on products (when reading another forum.) I'm interested in finding a pair of chairs for a house my wife and I will be moving into in less than a month. The plan is to put a nice chair on each side of the fire place, one will face the TV and the other will be a placeholder. I've been recommended to get 2 of the same chairs and rotate them to get double the life out of them. With that said, I love the Bradington Young 4115 (my uncle has had the 4130 for 30 years.) Is that a good chair for me, I'm 6' 3" and told I may want a bigger one. With that said, I don't know if I'm over my head trying to pick up 2 of them since I'm also purchasing a sofa and loveseat for the room. Is the Seven Seas line (215 I think) a decent alternative or should I just look to a different brand? I've found a brand called Thomasville that makes a similar style chair, any thoughts on them?

I found a website http://www.leatherfurnitureshoppe.com/ that has the BY's for what looks to be a good price, is that site creditable?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Almost Overwhelmed Newbie looking for recliner

Seven Seas is the Bradington - Young 'made in China' line and not their mainstream USA-made product. I would personally avoid it. You don't need to rotate the recliners for maximum lifespan. Give reasonable care they will last for many years. (Clean and condition the hide, keep them out of direct sunlight, and don't horse around in the chair when the mechanism is open). The fact your uncle has had one for 30 years is proof enough.

Thomasville is not known for longevity and is another imported furniture line.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.