Thread: Need Some Fresh Eyes!!!

Hybrid View

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Need Some Fresh Eyes!!!

Could you clarify what you mean by "angled sofa"? I'm not a big fan of sectionals, and although your ceilings seem to very high, the room doesn't appear to be very large, so I'm thinking a sectional might overwhelm it? My only concern would be that the room would look a bit crowded (since recliners tend to be bulky). But if you would put the recliner next to the sofa (where the other chair is now), I think that would work. If so, I would not then put a bulky chair next to the fireplace. I like the small chair you now have on the left of the fireplace. I think I would move it to where the white chair is now and have no chair on the other side of the fireplace--but perhaps, instead, a decorative piece, such as a rustic stool or a nice large set of fireplace tools. My $.02.
    Last edited by organic_smallhome; 01-31-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Fick5 Guest

Default Re: Need Some Fresh Eyes!!!

Yes the ceiling is very high. H & M has a 4 seater sofa (Evening Angular Conversational Sectional). BY has one where you combine a LAF loveseat & a RAF loveseat together. The ends of these kinda curves a little. My thinking was that it would give me one more seat on the sofa and also kinda fill in the space at each end (if that makes any sense). I do believe a sectional would be to overwhelming in my small space, I only have 11' 2" from wall to FP. As you can see it is open on each side of FP and there is a wall of windows and doors at the west end. This is driving me nuts!! I need to make a decision so that I can move on and hopefully get in on the Feb. special H & M is running. Thanks organic_smallhome for your response.