Thread: H&M Parisian Sofa and Blackhawk Lounger

Fick5 Guest

Default H&M Parisian Sofa and Blackhawk Lounger

I have not had the opportunity to sit on either the Parisian or the Blackhawk. Does anyone have either of these styles, and if so, do you find them comfortable. My hubs will be in the recliner, he is 5'11" tall and is not very large. I will be hanging out on the sofa, and I'm not so sure about the depth. I'm just 5'2" and I don't want my feet dangling when I'm sitting! Any comments about likes and dislikes of the styles would be greatly appreciated.

susansbs Guest

Default Re: H&M Parisian Sofa and Blackhawk Lounger

I have the Parisian sofa and loveseat and think they are quite comfortable for me. However, I am 5'7.5" and my feet barely touch the floor when I sit all the way back. My Parisian is quilted so I imagine that makes the sofa slightly taller, but I don't think it would add too much height. I'm thinking a person at 5'2" might need a pillow behind them with this sofa.

Fick5 Guest

Thanks for the info susansbs, maybe I should look into putting more padding into the back cushions, I don't know!

At 5' 2" you'll be always 'fighting' a standard sofa for fit. If I were to design a sofa for a lady your size, I would make the seat height 17.5" and the seat depth 18" and you would find it just about perfect. You have to factor in seat height as well as depth to come up with a usable piece. Most upholstery is made to fit folks 5' 6" to 6' 1", with seat heights of 20" and seat depths of 20" to 21". Once you get over or under that height, its a matter of compromise. I do have customers that custom-size their furniture and its a smart thing to do if you really want to make it to fit you. Yes, you have to pay a custom setup charge, and on something like a Parisian that's going to be about $ 600 to $ 900 to work it up to spec. The issue then becomes is anyone taller (like your husband) going to use that piece - because at 5' 11" he'd find it pinched. Because most ladies don't like their feet dangling, they usually pull up their knees in sofas and snuggle into the corners - so most will buy standard dimension pieces.

I had a young couple in the store this past weekend and he was 6' 7" tall - I had nothing in the store that would fit him. So it goes the other way, too!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dmstadel Guest

I just received my parisian sofa and loveseat. I love them! (thanks Duane!).
    I am 5'8" and find it very comfortable, but I would imagine at 5'2" you probably would need a pillow behind your back. I was worried that the cushions would be too flat/small, as that is how they appear in the Hancock and Moore brochure, but they are actually quite full and comfortable. The seat depth is 22", so that might be deep for you, but I would imagine you will have other people sitting there too, and I think it can accommodate a wide range of sizes.