Thread: Hancock & Moore sofa repair

suzanne Guest

Default Hancock & Moore sofa repair

My 15-year old sofa needs to be reinforced on the back. Over time, it has curved inward so that the back cushions fall into a gap between the seat cushions and the sofa back. Is it worth repairing or should I just replace it?

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore sofa repair

If it were my sofa, I'd replace it.

Hancock and Moore will repair any piece they make, if indeed it is repairable (or cost effective to do so). They generally do not charge much for repairs, but you have to get the sofa to Hickory NC and back which may or may not be cost prohibitive for a round trip depending on where you live. For example, if you lived in Missouri, a round trip on a blanket carrier is going to be about $ 500 to $ 600.

Best thing to do is take a series of good digital photos (NOT with a cell phone camera or iPad, but with a real digital camera) that show the failed area both from a distance and up close. Make sure the camera is in focus. If you can provide a good set of photos, then H&M can make as assessment of whether the repair is practical and economical to do. Most customers don't take the time to shoot decent photos, so about half of all sent can't be used. If you can do the quality of photos that you see I do here on the forum, then those are perfect.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

suzanne Guest

Thank you for the replies. Duane, I really appreciate the information on Hancock & Moore. I'll try that first. The leather is still in great condition, so I hate to replace it.