Thread: Almost spring

Default Almost spring

Rode my KTM 990 to work yesterday, it hasn't been on the road since November. WOW - did it feel good. I was a wee rusty (forgot how to sequence my GPS, not that I needed it), but it was sunny, warm enough, and sure felt good. Lots of other bikers out, too.

I love twins. They make cool noises n' thumps and deep, yellow barking noises that no sewing-machine hi-strung Japanese 4-cylinder super rocket would ever be able to replicate. And they vibrate. A real motorcycle should vibrate just a little, it keeps the nerve endings awake and makes you feel ALIVE. Not too much windshield either, you have to have some wind in the face, its not a car. My pal Eric told me he's selling his 06 BMW GS12 this spring and getting out of bikes. That diminishes our little riding group by one and we're all trying to talk him into keeping it - so we're going to make him go on at least one more mountain ride with us and maybe that spark will re-light.

Came across this video for .... blue jeans of all things. Its a clothing commercial for cryin' out loud. But of all the thousands of videos on motorcycles out there, this one captures the essence of why people ride better than anything I've seen. For those of you that don't ride, this is what you miss. For those of you that do, you'll watch this and go out and pull the cover off the bike in the garage and start getting ready for Spring.

http://vimeo.com/25292388
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Almost spring

Speaking of motorcycles and jeans, here's a great source for made-in-the-USA jeans made specifically for motorcycle riders (and anybody else, too, of course). A friend of mine just bought a pair and they are exceptionally well made and great looking. He said that they're the most comfortable jeans he's ever worn.

http://www.gussetclothing.com/

We long-time cyclists that know the road don't wear jeans, not even Kevlar lined ones. Denim shreds in about 2 seconds once its hits the blacktop and then you're in the O.R. getting it all picked out of your road-rashed skin by a 2nd year Intern. And that Kevlar stuff is uncomfortable and itchy.

Vanson Leather for me. That or my BMW textile gear.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jaydee1156 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    We long-time cyclists that know the road don't wear jeans, not even Kevlar lined ones. Denim shreds in about 2 seconds
    Indeed !
    ATGATT (All the gear, all the time) Ride long enough and you'll know why