Thread: H&M Retailer in Arizona?

2true Guest

Default H&M Retailer in Arizona?

Hello everyone,
    I would like to consider a H&M recliner. We have seen Lazy Boy, Barcalounger and BY recliners. I felt that using a larger portion of my furniture budget should go into what I'm going to sit on since I want to be comfortable in my room. From everything I've read on the forum so far it would seem they are built for longevity and comfort.

I live in the Scottsdale area and have not found a major retailer that carries H&M. I prefer not to have to email H&M since they require so much personal information just to send you a dealer locale. Could anyone here be helpful to me?

Thank so much!

Quote Originally Posted by 2true View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I would like to consider a H&M recliner. We have seen Lazy Boy, Barcalounger and BY recliners. I felt that using a larger portion of my furniture budget should go into what I'm going to sit on since I want to be comfortable in my room. From everything I've read on the forum so far it would seem they are built for longevity and comfort.

I live in the Scottsdale area and have not found a major retailer that carries H&M. I prefer not to have to email H&M since they require so much personal information just to send you a dealer locale. Could anyone here be helpful to me?

Thank so much!
    I think you're on the right track. For so many years folks put their 'big' money into decorative Living Room pieces that are lightly used, if at all. They would then go cheap in the Family Room, reasoning that the furniture in there was used daily, and as such would be subject to more wear and tear (correctly I might add). But this leads to pieces that break down relatively quickly and ultimately a bad buying experience. The daily use furniture is where you really need the durability and quality!

By buying better quality goods on the pieces you use every day, you'll find them not only more comfortable as a rule, but they can take the wear and tear MUCH better and actually give you a better return on your dollar spent per year of use.

I've often said that 'everything looks good when its new'. So when choices have to be made in quality vs. budget, think about putting less expensive pieces in the seldom used living room, because they don't have to stand up to daily use. It's actually amazing how long even less expensive furniture can stay looking good when no one is sitting upon it.

H&M doesn't respond quickly to email. Your best bet is to call them on the phone and they'll give you dealers in your area promptly. They should be back in the office this Monday. Give the H&M a test ride and see what you think. I have a 22-year-old H&M Recliner (Woodbridge model) in my house that is still going strong and has never needed a repair or cushion replacement. My choice in leather 22 years later wouldn't be the same as it was in 1986, but that's no fault of the chair!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

2true Guest

Thank you Duane,
    I could not find a phone number for H&M on their website or in the directory. Is there an 800 number by chance? If not I'll take any contact number for them. Can you advise?

Quote Originally Posted by 2true View Post
    Thank you Duane,
    I could not find a phone number for H&M on their website or in the directory. Is there an 800 number by chance? If not I'll take any contact number for them. Can you advise?
    Here's the main number, just ask for Customer Service.

(828) 495-8235
    Duane Collie

2true Guest

Thanks Duane,
    I will call as soon as I can. I appreciate the info.

nappyhairbigteethconsumer Guest

Robb and Stucky in Scottsdale sells H and M.

I find it amazing that Robb and Stuckey sells any H&M at all. Typically everyone says they have two or three floor models and that's it. In my little store, I have (25) pieces of H&M , not including ottomans and Jessica Charles!
    Duane Collie

karlos Guest

Talking arizona store

Make sure you give duane a chance at your purchase. He blew away the Seattle prices by so much I could get a leather H&m recliner and still afford a case of remy cognac to enjoy . And his knowledge surpasses anyone ive met at all these high end = high priced stores. Cheers , Im going halibut fishing in the ocean today , its time for a barbeque. Duane, Does Hds let me know when sofa is in route or only when its get to seattle. And when they uncrate in my home I should inspect everything before they drive off? Thanks Karl

Hi Karl,

I was going to call you today but didn't want to wake you up on a Saturday morning....(4 hour time difference) and now you're off fishing! All your paperwork came in today and H&M handed off your order to Home Delivery Service on 04.27.09, so you're good to go (I have your receipt in the mail). Just have to wait out the delivery from HDS, and I know he runs an 18-wheeler out to the West Coast about every 6 weeks or so, hopefully you will be on the near end of the cycle rather than the far end of it. They will call you at least a week ahead of time to make sure you are home, then the driver calls when he gets close. YES, inspect everything before they leave (see my notes on that in your receipt packet).

I appreciate the referral and the kind words! Trying hard to do it right.....
    Duane Collie