Thread: New (To Me) H&M Sofa

Boomerangthang Guest

Default New (To Me) H&M Sofa

Hi gang. New to the forum here, but I can see already how knowledgeable folks are here. I'm a newbie also to Hancock & Moore furniture. I saw this sofa listed on Craigslist for 300 bucks (bought it for 250!). Pretty excited about it, but I know virtually nothing about it. Can anyone enlighten me on it? This shipping tag identifies the leather as "Glazed Blackberry" and the style # is 8115. Shipping date is from 1/30/87. The leather is so glossy, it fooled me and I thought it might be vinyl or pleather at first glance. Considering its age, the condition is quite remarkable. It has just a couple tiny signs of wear. Any additional info on name, value or other opinons would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (and great forum here!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4710.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	3622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4724.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	3623  

Default Re: New (To Me) H&M Sofa

That frame was before my time as a dealer, though that leather is still in the line (I haven't sold a piece in 'Glazed' in at least 8 year, however). That is currently a price grade 2 leather. Were that sofa frame offered today and you were buying new, it would cost over 10x what you paid for it in that leather.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Boomerangthang Guest

Default Re: New (To Me) H&M Sofa

Thanks, Duane. I must say my tastes run in the Herman Miller, Knoll, Danish Modern realm, but this is a well constructed piece of furniture and I think it's comfortable as heck. I'm in the process of remodeling my basement and this will be a nice addition to what I hope to be a cozy, warm and ecclectic space. Thanks so much for your speedy and helpful reply!