Thread: Boo Hoo! No H&M chairs in AZ

2true Guest

Default Boo Hoo! No H&M chairs in AZ

I called H&M this morning to get the name of a retailer in my area. One store! Unfortunately we have already been there and given every swivel recliner they had in their showroom the "posterior test". When I asked about H&M chairs they showed me a huge catalog. It did not pass the "posterior test". Naturally it is not their practice to order chairs, let you sit and refuse to purchase.

So here's where we are at this point. Lazy Boy is out. A Barcalounger we sat in was comfortable. I liked the BY recliner better because it has a graduated rear pitch in the seat that was noticeable in the upright position. Although in the upright position my feet did not contact the floor because of the rocking mechanism. Granted I would probably be most likely to be in the reclined position with my legs up most of the time but I might want to sit upright and just rock. Fat chance!

Any Suggestions?? A recliner is a very important piece of furniture for me since I have back and leg problems.

Grateful for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by 2true View Post
    I called H&M this morning to get the name of a retailer in my area. One store! Unfortunately we have already been there and given every swivel recliner they had in their showroom the "posterior test". When I asked about H&M chairs they showed me a huge catalog. It did not pass the "posterior test". Naturally it is not their practice to order chairs, let you sit and refuse to purchase.

So here's where we are at this point. Lazy Boy is out. A Barcalounger we sat in was comfortable. I liked the BY recliner better because it has a graduated rear pitch in the seat that was noticeable in the upright position. Although in the upright position my feet did not contact the floor because of the rocking mechanism. Granted I would probably be most likely to be in the reclined position with my legs up most of the time but I might want to sit upright and just rock. Fat chance!

Any Suggestions?? A recliner is a very important piece of furniture for me since I have back and leg problems.

Grateful for any info.

Looks like I just found an excuse to get out of Winter in Virginia. Move to Arizona and open up a Hancock and Moore store! That's shameful they don't have any floor representation, they should not even have dealer privileges if they have no floor models.

Its impossible to make a recommendation without a starting point of some kind (such as you height and weight, or model of a BY chair that felt good). Like I'm fond of saying 'everything looks and sits good when its new', its how it works for you two years later, or five. Cheap recliners don't hold up, good ones do.

The Leathercraft 1057 recliner is very popular for folks under 5' 9", it swivels, glides and reclines. Women tend to like this one quite a bit. I always keep one on my sales floor, its a good seller - prices out @ $ 1,600 and up depending on the hide:

http://leathercraft-furniture.com/in.../1057_recliner
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

2true Guest

Well...(deep subject)! There is one store near me that carries Leathercraft. I'm going to call tommorrow to see if they actually have a chair I can perch on.

The BY recliner was The Laredo. It occured to me that I had a small family room full of furniture. So out came the ole measuring tape to find the dimensions I needed to fit my form comfortably. Inside depth of cushion: 22 - 23, width 21 - 22. Seat height: 19 - 20 and overall height 38. I'm 5' 81/2" tall and of that my legs are 29". I weigh...uh hum...240. Hubby is 5' 10" and weighs in at 165.

Regarding the Leathercraft seat cushion. They show 3 types. One has springs in it?! Of the 3 which is best? I am allergic to feathers and down but I didn't notice any birds or geese in the picture.

I like the standard cushions! They are a good blend of support and comfort. Dupont Quaalex means no allergy issues, either. You'd like the 1057 Leathercraft....hopefully they will have one for you to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2true View Post
    Well...(deep subject)! There is one store near me that carries Leathercraft. I'm going to call tommorrow to see if they actually have a chair I can perch on.

The BY recliner was The Laredo. It occured to me that I had a small family room full of furniture. So out came the ole measuring tape to find the dimensions I needed to fit my form comfortably. Inside depth of cushion: 22 - 23, width 21 - 22. Seat height: 19 - 20 and overall height 38. I'm 5' 81/2" tall and of that my legs are 29". I weigh...uh hum...240. Hubby is 5' 10" and weighs in at 165.

Regarding the Leathercraft seat cushion. They show 3 types. One has springs in it?! Of the 3 which is best? I am allergic to feathers and down but I didn't notice any birds or geese in the picture.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.