Thread: Looking for a recliner

Easttexasman Guest

Default Looking for a recliner

I am in the market for a new recliner.I have been researching what to get but I have yet to find something that meets what I am wanting.
    1. Brown leather recliner and no bonded leather.
    2. Leggett and Platt mechanism.
    3. Soft pillowtop or fluffy arms that extend far enough back so that when I recline my arms do not fall in a hole.
    4. Made in the USA.

I am getting tired of looking and thinking of compromising but before I do I wanted some opinions from someone that knows the furniture brands.
    My budget is also a problem but I feel I should be able to buy a recliner for $1000.

Any advice will be helpful.

Default Re: Looking for a recliner

Some of the Bradington-Young recliners will come close to your price point if you get them in married cover leather. Otherwise you may have to go to offshore made. A $ 1,500 budget gives you more options to shop within your specifications.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Easttexasman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Some of the Bradington-Young recliners will come close to your price point if you get them in married cover leather. Otherwise you may have to go to offshore made. A $ 1,500 budget gives you more options to shop within your specifications.
    Anything else in the $1500 range? I can spend as much as I have to but just prefer less but if $1500 is the min to get what I want I will do it.
    Thanks for the help.

Sure! Recliners are all over the board on price. For USA-made, $ 1,500 and up is generally the ballpark, depending on the leather used on the piece. You'll be getting Chinese leather on most any recliner until you cross up near the $ 2,000 price bracket, at which point you'll get some Italian, Brazilian, New Zealand hides, etc. Some recliners will go up to $ 3,500 or so, it all depends on the make - model - style and cover.
    Duane Collie

Easttexasman Guest

http://www.blacklion.com/store/produ...6011G%252d069-

This one looks good to me and I am loving the price.

sofatime Guest

That's the Seven Seas line, which is made in China. Note the SS in the item number/code.

+1

Cheap n' Chinese Seven Seas line. Black Lion shouldn't be advertising that as a Bradington-Young logo model.
    Duane Collie

Easttexasman Guest

Well, I thought I found a deal. I find it dishonest that the chair is advertised as made in USA. But that is the style of recliner I am looking for.

I am really glad I found this forum.

Easttexasman Guest

How about the Palliser or the Kathy Ireland brands? I like the looks of both but I do not believe the Katy Ireland chairs have the L&P mechanisms but the Palliser recliners do have them.

I have looked at all of the B&Y recliners and I just do not see one that looks comfortable.