Thread: Pore structure.

Wallace Guest

Default Pore structure.

I got some sample swatches from 2 companies, of leather. I'm comparing the heavy pebbled leather from one company to the other, the comparision is between both companies un-corrected aniline series'. Swatches from company#1 have pores on the leather, tiny holes that you can see. The other company's swatches do no have the pores, company #2. Am I to assume that the swatches without the pores are not full top grain leather. Swatches from co. #2, use vague marketing terms to describe their leathers, like "full bodied" leather or "5000 - HavanaIs a full grain, full body, traditional leather. Ageless.." Does this mean full top?

If I don't see pores don't buy?

I want full top grain leather.

You can do a search here for "FULL TOP GRAIN" and read what that means. Here's one thread:

http://myfurnitureforum.com/showthre...+grain+leather
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

McCall Guest

I ordered my B&Y chair from a beautiful grained sample with pores and a wonderful texture. What I got was a chair with absolutely no texture, totally smooth, no visible pores, lots of marks though especially long black marks that look like someone went crazy with a magic marker.
    So even if you determine that the swatch in question is full grain or top grain etc. don't expect your furniture to look like the sample.