Thread: Hancock and Moore Austin High Back Sofa 8138MB in Cavalier Oxblood

Default Hancock and Moore Austin High Back Sofa 8138MB in Cavalier Oxblood

Best seller in the entire line. Whether you like the form or not, the comfort is the best of all the sofas from any maker for most people. This is a Town and County leather, Married Cover (one of three hides offered in the program)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HM2.jpg 
Views:	6935 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	119  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

puhmuckel Guest

Default Yep

We sat in that one in the store.....did not want to get up and leave it was that comfortable and soft all around you. Mostly appeals to "older" customers I suppose. I am just not ready to sacrifice beauty for the ultimate comfort.

McCall Guest

Duane,
    why do all these pieces look so shiny? what is it about the leather that makes them shiny? I like leather that has a matte look to it. what type of leathers would those be? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McCall View Post
    Duane,
    why do all these pieces look so shiny? what is it about the leather that makes them shiny? I like leather that has a matte look to it. what type of leathers would those be? thanks
    Its the finish of that particular hide. Protected leathers tend to have more gloss to them as they have that protective topcoating applied.. Matte and Flat leathers tend to be more towards anilines and with little processing.
    Duane Collie

eft Guest

I also prefer a matte finish. I'm probably going with Document Seamist for my sofa, mostly for the color as it looks great with my existing decor but also its wonderful softness and matte finish. Is the swatch deceiving-will this leather be shiny on the sofa?
    Last edited by eft; 01-04-2009 at 07:54 AM.

Rafree1 Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Austin High Back Sofa 8138MB in Cavalier Oxblood

I went in and sat on one of these today. This thing is comfortable as can be! It's not my favorite design but, you almost can argue yourself out of another style due to the way this thing sits! The floor model was on sale, it was in the oxblood and I wasn't crazy about the shiny either. To me the Cavileir isn't to my taste and I don't think I'd compromise on the type of leather I like but, boy I might have to change the styles I'm looking at...this thing is heaven to sit on. I have bad arthritis in my spine and hips...SO comforting. Wow! When I went around before to try and sit on several this one was not there and so I decided to dismiss it on the style but, heavens....it's hard to justify going with style over the comfort of this sofa. I would like to say though I did not sit on ONE H and M sofa that wasn't comfortable. I did sit on several B and Y sofas that were stiff as boards. Sat on a few Stickley too. They were comfy, mostly smaller sofas with down in the back cushions and natural puddling...I don't mind that though the wood on the sides isn't my thing really.

I don't know if everyone likes this "style" but, you CANNOT go wrong on the comfort level with this sofa. AND it was built like a tank. The way this is built and the way it sits is really something special. Truly.

That's been the # 1 seller in the line for years and there's a reason for that - its all about the comfort of the sit (certainly not the style).
    Duane Collie

Southernlady Guest

Please help....document chestnut or cavalier oxblood?

Peaches Guest

Not my favorite style, but we sat in one today and my husband knew it was the one he wanted. He is all for comfort now and he loved it. Would you suggest the regular cushions or the ultra soft on this particular sofa? Yes, we are seniors and its all about comfort.

I prefer the standard cores in the Austin series myself, but its really up to you!
    Duane Collie