Thread: Inexpensive Truck Rental

Default Inexpensive Truck Rental

For those not using a 'white glove delivery service' and having furniture shipped to a loading dock, here's a tip on how to get it home.

Lowe's and Home Depot's have commercial stake body trucks that can easily hold a boxed sofa and loveseat in one trip that are available to rent for only $ 19 for the first 75 minutes. They don't ever care if its used for their merchandise or not. You'll not find that kind of price deal anywhere else (Hertz / Penske / Enterprise / Budget). Especially good for those in Canada where delivery to a loading dock is mandatory on most ships (rates may vary in Canada on the truck rental).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Rafree1 Guest

Default Re: Inexpensive Truck Rental

Thanks Duane! I'm going to check those out too! I did have a quote from ABF that wasn't too bad for delivery to their loading dock and then to my home but, it doesn't hurt to go and look around. I'm even a member with Enterprise and have ALL KINDS of discount coupons with them I've never used. Like ten to twenty percent off.

I don't think that's the hard part, the hard part is getting my husbands buddies happy about helping him bring the item in the house...now let me see...how would one do that?? lol...I'm thinking micro brewery and bar b que. hahaha.