Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradington Young Sectional pricing

cattig Guest

Default Bradington Young Sectional pricing

We are shopping for newleather furniture and have tried the H&M Evening sofa and BY Arlington sectional. There is limited selection on the floor of our local stores and we do not want to purchase something we are not able to try out first.

We liked the Arlington sectional more than the Evening sofa but are unsure how competitive the price is. The Arlington sectional in a grade II leather, Casablanca, was $4999. Is this a good price or does H&M have a similar sectional?

Quote Originally Posted by cattig View Post
    We are shopping for newleather furniture and have tried the H&M Evening sofa and BY Arlington sectional. There is limited selection on the floor of our local stores and we do not want to purchase something we are not able to try out first.

We liked the Arlington sectional more than the Evening sofa but are unsure how competitive the price is. The Arlington sectional in a grade II leather, Casablanca, was $4999. Is this a good price or does H&M have a similar sectional?
    You have to spec the components on Sectionals as there are many ways to build them. In the B-Y main catalog, the photo is of the 110-57 Arlington Loveseat and 110-94 Corner Sofa Sectional. If that's the piece you are looking at them my price is $ 3,667 + shipping, your guy is about $ 1,000 high in comparison.

H&M Sectionals will be more expensive. The only one in the Town and Country Program is the September unit and its $ 5,879 as a best price, which is a long ways from $ 3,667!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

cattig Guest

I will check on the components to be sure we are looking at the same pieces.

One more question - What is your shipping cost to Vermont?

cattig Guest

...and a few more questions -

How can I obtain a BY catalog? I went to their website but cannot find much detailed info or a place to request a catalog.

If I order through you, what would be the anticipated lead time?

thanks again - I have learned so much from your website!!!!

...and a few more questions -

How can I obtain a BY catalog? I went to their website but cannot find much detailed info or a place to request a catalog.

If I order through you, what would be the anticipated lead time?

thanks again - I have learned so much from your website!!!!
    Afraid you can't get a catalog, they only have the dealer master copies. Let me see if I can scan a sheet for you when I get in the store tomorrow (I'll get a price for shipping as well).

Typical B-Y lead time is about 4 to 6 weeks, then 2-3 weeks ship time via the delivery service into Vermont.

Glad you are learning! Ask questions!!
    Duane Collie

cattig Guest

Our local store provided me with the BY "Sectional Seating by Design" color flyer. It shows six different sectionals on the front and has all the measurements on the back.

I did match up the item numebrs you mentioned and I think we are looking at the same pieces. The Arlington we looked at had the loveseat unit with a left arm and a 3 seat with right arm. The connecting point was a 90 degree angle where the two pieces met (not a curve). We need the right angle in the corner and not a curve due to space limitations.

From the back of the flyer I have, it appears to be the 110-57 loveseat and 110-94 right arm return sofa.

thanks again.

Our local store provided me with the BY "Sectional Seating by Design" color flyer. It shows six different sectionals on the front and has all the measurements on the back.

I did match up the item numebrs you mentioned and I think we are looking at the same pieces. The Arlington we looked at had the loveseat unit with a left arm and a 3 seat with right arm. The connecting point was a 90 degree angle where the two pieces met (not a curve). We need the right angle in the corner and not a curve due to space limitations.

From the back of the flyer I have, it appears to be the 110-57 loveseat and 110-94 right arm return sofa.

thanks again.
    That's it! You got it. Same piece. Guessing that freight to VT on that will be about $ 350, but don't hold me to it....no sales tax collected, either.
    Duane Collie

cattig Guest

In laying out the floor plan, we have some concern over lighting since the sectional would be against two walls with no space for a coffee table on the one end. We would have to add sconces or overhead lighting over the sectional to illuminate the area.

SO - we also want to consider a sofa an recliner. We tried a Charleston recliner in the same store as the sectional. It was very comfortable.

Using the same leather as the sectional, what is the price for the Arlington sofa and recliner and the Charleston sofa and recliner? Also, what are the measurements of each set?

thanks again.

In laying out the floor plan, we have some concern over lighting since the sectional would be against two walls with no space for a coffee table on the one end. We would have to add sconces or overhead lighting over the sectional to illuminate the area.

SO - we also want to consider a sofa an recliner. We tried a Charleston recliner in the same store as the sectional. It was very comfortable.

Using the same leather as the sectional, what is the price for the Arlington sofa and recliner and the Charleston sofa and recliner? Also, what are the measurements of each set?

thanks again.
    Sectionals really work better with a square coffee table in front of the piece, and forgo the end tables. Maybe that would work? You can use wall lamps or even perhaps have enough room for a thin floor lamp on the ends? Just a thought.....

FYI, on Bradington-Young if you can, try to use the model number rather than the name of the pieces, and they are a numeric based company that works all on the numbers, not the names. By using the model number of the piece it makes sure there is no confusion as well and dealers can look it up much quicker. Onto the specifics!

# 110-95 Sofa (Arlington) in Grade 2 leather $ 2,239
    (measures 79" W x 40" D x 26.5" H)

# 3110 Recliner (Arlington) in Grade 2 leather $ 1,217
    (measures 32" W x 40" D x 41" H)

# 111-95 Sofa (Charleston) in Grade 2 leather $ 2,239
    (measures 84" W x 40" D x 36.5" H)

# 3111 Recliner (Charleston) in Grade 2 leather $ 1,217
    (measures 26" W x 41.5" H x 41.5" D

Bradington Young no longer offers a Grade 1 leather, so Grade 2 is the starting point and is often called the Bentley Place collection. They have replaced Grade 1 leather with a single, absolutely awful, BiCast product which I would encourage everyone NOT to ever purchase.

Shipping to Vermont:

The sectional comes in at $ 391. Sofa and Recliner at $ 342. Home Delivery Service quotes that may vary based on actual weight and diesel fuel costs at time of delivery.

Thanks!
    Duane Collie

emmasmom Guest

Hi Duane!
    First, thank you for being so forthcoming with all of your recommendations and information...it is a tremendous help and must be time consuming for you.

We are also looking at the B-Y sectional....111-93 and 111-57 in a polished leather (we have 4 young children and a dog). The price I received in a store in NJ was $5500 which I thought was high. With the new prices in effect, is that price in the ballpark, or should I be looking elsewhere? Any other small sectional recommendations are welcome!! Thank you. Amy