Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradington Young Sectional pricing

Quote Originally Posted by emmasmom View Post
    Hi Duane!
    First, thank you for being so forthcoming with all of your recommendations and information...it is a tremendous help and must be time consuming for you.

We are also looking at the B-Y sectional....111-93 and 111-57 in a polished leather (we have 4 young children and a dog). The price I received in a store in NJ was $5500 which I thought was high. With the new prices in effect, is that price in the ballpark, or should I be looking elsewhere? Any other small sectional recommendations are welcome!! Thank you. Amy
    Glad to answer questions. I've found that in 23 years of doing this, educating customers on the ins and outs of what makes good and bad pieces is the key to them making informed decisions. Many forum users do buy through me (but not everyone, and that's not my intent), so I get some benefit to my business as well from time to time.

That 111-93/111-57 Sectional done in the Bentley Place leathers (Grade 2) is $ 3,653 from my store, plus shipping which will be the same as previously quoted. You really don't need to go higher than Bentley, there are a number of good hides in that group that will give you good service duty and plenty of durability.

Remember too, the key to making your purchase last a long time is to clean the sectional periodically to remove all the oils and dirt from use. At least 2x a year as a minimum. Do that and keep it out of direct sunlight and the B-Y piece will easily go 20 years.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

emmasmom Guest

Well, that is much better! Do you really think it would go 20 years with children and a dog?
    We have sat in the sofa, but at this point would need to firm up an option for leather. Are there any other decisions to make if we were to purchase through your store? Also- could you give me the exact measurements of that piece? Thanks again so much! Amy

Quote Originally Posted by emmasmom View Post
    Well, that is much better! Do you really think it would go 20 years with children and a dog?
    We have sat in the sofa, but at this point would need to firm up an option for leather. Are there any other decisions to make if we were to purchase through your store? Also- could you give me the exact measurements of that piece? Thanks again so much! Amy
    Sure it would. I have a Bradington-Young sofa in my basement rec room right now that I bought in 1988, so its going on 21 years and is far from shot. Don't get me wrong, it looks well-used, as it was the main family room sofa for 18 of those years before I replaced it and moved it to the basement, but our kids and pets grew up on it and its still very much presentable and has good support, no weak areas. I suspect when my college-bound daughter needs a sofa for her first apartment, this will be the one she gets. Its got another 15 years in it I would imagine.

Here's the measurement sheet, I have the units marked that you are looking at (see photo)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	by sectional.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	142  
    Duane Collie

cattig Guest

Duane -

We are finalizing our possibilities on a B-Y sectional and I have a question on the matching ottoman. We may go with the matching leather or a microsuede fabric, if available.
    What would the price and shipping (to VT) be for the B-Y 110-36 Ottoman in a Class 2, Casablanca leather or a microsuede or similar fabric?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cattig View Post
    Duane -

We are finalizing our possibilities on a B-Y sectional and I have a question on the matching ottoman. We may go with the matching leather or a microsuede fabric, if available.
    What would the price and shipping (to VT) be for the B-Y 110-36 Ottoman in a Class 2, Casablanca leather or a microsuede or similar fabric?

thanks.
    $ 734 in a Grade 2 leather. I'd personally not put the ottoman in microsuede as that's nothing more than a fine-thread 100% polyester and though tough for a fabric, it won't take the wear and tear that a leather. hide will. Would add about $ 40 to the overall freight charge when shipped with a sectional.
    Duane Collie

emmasmom Guest

Hi again, Duane. We finally have decided on a sectional from B-Y. Would you be willing to talk about pricing from your store to deliver to us in NJ? Also- would you happen to have some swatches of a grade 2 leather for us to borrow? Thanks! Amy

Be glad to, you can PM me here off the forum if you like, or call me at the store 703-360-6399.
    Duane Collie

emmasmom Guest

thanks. i will pm you.