Thread: Henredon Fireside Sofa

oceanmd Guest

Default Henredon Fireside Sofa

Good afternoon. Does anybody know where Henredon Fireside Sofas are made? Thank you

Default Re: Henredon Fireside Sofa

Henredon closed its primary North Carolina factory in 2008, laying off 300 workers there. That was their main upholstery plant. They shifted much of the production off-shore, but I can't say for sure where that Fireside series is made.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

CMBAUR Guest

China- Henredon upholstery is just using it's "good" name to sell people product made over seas... For the same number there's a ton of other options made in NA.

oceanmd Guest

Thank you so very much for the reply. I am so confused. I just today spoke with the sales person in the reputable furniture store, who assured me the this sofa is made in North Carolina. I think she just does not know and believes that it is made in NC. She even showed me the label under the cushion that says Made in North Caroline.Thank you.

How long has the sofa been on the store's floor? It may be 'that old'.

It very well could be made in North Carolina - it could also be made in China. It WILL have a country of origin tag on it somewhere - look for it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

That may mean looking at the bottom of the sofa.

jarrodsmorton Guest

As a carrier of Henredon, I thought I could shed some light on this subject. All of the fabric upholstery is 100 % made in Mt Airy, NC. Henredon has corporate headquarters in Morganton, NC close to Hickory. This plant in Mt Airy has been operational for around 35 years for them. They were operating in High Point alongside the one in Mt Airy, but chose to close it as Duane had said a couple years ago. All of the production for their upholstery then moved to Mt Airy. As for the Henredon leather company, which is a totally seperate catalog, it is imported from China. They are pretty strict on the specs, and the product is pretty good but still imported. As for the fireside program that has leather options in it, it is all done 100 % in Mt Airy, NC. Only the Henredon Leather Company in terms of upholstery is imported. As for the casegoods, they are all imported from the Phillippines. Hope this helps. It is the truth.