Thread: Need Suggestions for Pricing

schalexandria Guest

Default Need Suggestions for Pricing

I have some very nice furniture that is in gently used to new condition and need suggestions for pricing the pieces.

#1 Harden Trestle Table Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HardenVanguard1.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	3829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HardenVanguard2.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	3830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HardenVanguard3.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	3831and Vanguard Leather high back chairs[/U][/U][/U]. Very gently used. Too heavy for me to move after having spine problems and surgeries. Harden table retails for $7,000 and the chairs I don't have a recent retail price. Believe the captain chairs were about $2,000 and the side chairs less. Very nice set I really hate to part with. Table is 84" long without the 2 refractory 16" leaves. 116" total. You can see it on the www.hardenfurniture.com website. Attached pictures aren't the best but shows color of leather and general look.

Default Re: Need Suggestions for Pricing

That would be this table?

I'm terrible at pricing furniture - I just wanted to be clear on the item.

When I've looked at ads on sites like craigslist, I am often amazed by how people price their used furniture like dealers, "MSRP is a gazillion dollars, and you can have it for half of that, if you pick it up....", never mind that nobody sells for MSRP (unless you have "sucker" tattooed on your forehead) and although the dealer may charge a bit more than 50% of MSRP they will also offer delivery services and deal with any issues that may arise during transport and set-up in your home. "Just saying".

Personally, if selling through craigslist I would probably list for the highest amount I through I could reasonably get, then pull the ad after a couple of weeks and repost at a somewhat lower price if no offers came in. (Highest plus a few bucks if I wanted to give the buyer the satisfaction of talking me down a bit on the price.)

I would also be sure to show some nice, clear side views of the table, as well as the uncovered table top.

schalexandria Guest

Exactly, that is the table. It is in nearly new condition. A few hairline scratches but very minor. I have some more pics now that show the top and sides, etc. as well as the parts of the chairs which are really nice. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Pricing pre-owned furniture is tricky business, there are so many variables. As a very general starting point....

1) New furniture usually actually sells for half of MSRP at a store.

2) Pre-owned is half of what it can bought for new when its in excellent condition.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.