Thread: www.uship.com stories

Default www.uship.com stories

I know that professional blanket wrap services are costly. I know some of you cringe at the pricing and some of you use www.uship.com. Rates there can be excellent, and save you several hundred dollars. Basically its an 'ebay' for people looking to ship, where you put the load you need carried up for a bid and then select one of the shippers that respond. HOWEVER - be forewarned that just because the price is decent doesn't mean you are not accepting some risk. You book these yourself, and assume all risks together with the guy doing the hauling

Two uship.com stories to relate that we experiences at my custom cabinet maker's shop (John Buchanan) when the showed up that may make you think twice:

* Two guys show up in an Enterprise rental truck to pick up a $ 6,000 chest we built for a customer. John asked where their tiedowns and pads were? They said they didn't have any - they had never done this before. The chest is bare and un-boxed, and it wouldn't last 5 miles leaving the shop rolling around in the back of a truck. John refused to load the furniture and told them to leave. Customer had to re-book his load.

* A guy shows up to pick up a custom desk. He's got a tired, clapped out Nissan car with a bouncy U-Haul rental trailer on the back. Nice guy, but what a rig! All he has is some old bedspreads and twine to tie it into the trailer. John let him have the desk, but said he was concerned about what condition it would arrive in. It did get there OK.

When you get people like the above showing up, I can pretty much guarantee you they do not have an inland marine cargo insurance policy in effect on the goods. They crash, get their rig stolen, or water damage in the back and I don't think you're going to get reimbursement for your pieces.

So use good judgement and ask yourself if you're willing to accept the risk of loss or damage to your goods by using some of these www.uship.com characters. I'm sure there are some that are quite good - but there are some fly-by-night guys in the mix as well. The old adage usually rings true of 'you get what you pay for'.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: www.uship.com stories

I've used Uship four times and my experience each time has been excellent. I've selected only shippers who have been on Uship a long time, have stellar reviews and offer blanket-wrap service. With each delivery, the trucks have been professional moving trucks and the movers have been careful and polite. I've had nice items shipped from DC, Ohio, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania--with no problem whatsoever. But, again, you have to do your homework!

Default Re: www.uship.com stories

Check out the new delivery company I found. Lowest prices guaranteed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	540292_444300938926489_1424183817_n.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	3841