Thread: McNary versus the Journey

SCFurr Guest

Default McNary versus the Journey

I inadvertantly posted this in H and M photos only and do not know if the Moderator will move it or delete it so am reposting.

I am trying to decide between the Journey versus the McNary style sofas. Both are lovely but the McNary is a little less bulky looking for the room. I would love to hear your experiences with these two and how you think they might compare in comfort. Duane stated in another thread that the Journey is one of the most comfortable of all the sofas to him.

Any comments are appreciated. If you have one of the other styles in the Town and Country program and want to opine I welcome that as well. I am a total newbie to the world of leather, but it is fascinating. I do find the choices overwhelming. How do you start? Budget? color? Grade of leather? Style.

Default Re: McNary versus the Journey

Different sits. The Journey is named after taking a nap I think, such as in a journey to sleepland. Its about comfort, not style. And its large and a little puffy looking. But there is no better sofa to take a nap on.

The McNary is a much more handsome sofa, but you won't sink in that tight back like you will a Journey. The back is firm, but not hard. I personally prefer sofas like the McNary myself, I'm not real big on enveloping cushions - but a lot of folks really like that. And the tight back will keep its shape for years to come without looking ruffled.

How do you pick?

* Budget first - no point looking at $ 4,500 sofas if your max expenditure is $ 2,500
    * Frame next, get the style locked down
    * Cover - and you will need to see and touch the leathers, don't do it from photos only
    * Wood Finish - not very critical on many pieces with small wood sections or feet in the shadows
    * Nail Trim, if any
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bubbaonline Guest

Also... if you like the Weston Cane Burnished leather that comes on the McNary in the T&C program, then it's one of the best deals going.... A really, really nice leather..

My local dealer has one on their floor and I love it... Duane can't give out prices, but my local dealer has it for around $3750, IIRC....

SCFurr Guest

I love that leather. And Duane sent me a private email with the price, much better than that one. I am quite sure this is going to be my choice. Thank for the info.

mommato4 Guest

I purchased the McNary sofa in 09. I still love everything about it. It is very handsome with it's tight back and slick style but also very comfortable. My local dealer had it on their floor for a great price so I contacted Duane about it and he said I should grab it. So glad I did. I think I posted pic's somewhere on here. Anyway, good luck because I remember trying to make these choices and it can be very overwhelming.

SCFurr Guest

Thank you so much for the information. I have decided on this style based on it's timelessness and as you said its sleek look. It will never go out of style. I ordered a sample of the Weston Cane Burnished to be sure I like the color. They sent the plain Weston Cane by mistake and I was not so thrilled with it until I realized it was the wrong sample. They are supposed to be sending the correct one. Thanks again for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by mommato4 View Post
    I purchased the McNary sofa in 09. I still love everything about it. It is very handsome with it's tight back and slick style but also very comfortable. My local dealer had it on their floor for a great price so I contacted Duane about it and he said I should grab it. So glad I did. I think I posted pic's somewhere on here. Anyway, good luck because I remember trying to make these choices and it can be very overwhelming.