Thread: Help Evaluating this H&M Chesterfield Sofa

bitterlikehoney Guest

Default Help Evaluating this H&M Chesterfield Sofa

Hello--
    Total furniture newbie here hoping someone can tell me a fair price for this Hancock & Moore chesterfield sofa (best offer situation):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HMChesterfield.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	3877
    As the bottom photo shows, there is a not-insignificant scratch on the rear of the sofa....Seems fixable but is it? And is there anything else I should consider when I view the sofa; I've never had a Chesterfield style couch and I'm curious as to whether there are concerns beyond loose buttons.

Our current sofa is from Macy's and yes, I'm embarrassed at how little I apparently know about furniture but this forum is an invaluable resource so thank you in advance.

MJM_CA Guest

Default Re: Help Evaluating this H&M Chesterfield Sofa

Looks great condition otherwise! The scratch looks like a scuff or wear mark from the wall. You could probably get some leather conditioner and rub it out or get a touch up kit to match the color of the leather. Duane (owner of the site and tons of experience) has said he's never seen a button come off on a H&M piece. If you like it, get it!

Default Re: Help Evaluating this H&M Chesterfield Sofa

That's a nice looking piece, that area on the side is an easy fix for a leather repair pro (mobile service will fix that for about $ 125 to $ 175). Its not showing much wear, otherwise. H&M buttons are sew on, not tagged on with a nylon gun - the rarely pop though once in a while the top piece will come off one. Not a hard fix with that happens, but it does require an upholstery tool and 5 minutes time (plus a new button).

Steal it for $ 800 to $ 1,000, and depending on the leather (I can't tell whats on it) up to $ 1,800, allowing for the cosmetic touch up. Good luck..
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.