Thread: H&M sectional

paulc Guest

Default H&M sectional

Curious to get an opinion on this item I found for sale for $800--
    Listed as Hancock & Moore but cannot identify the model, 8 years old, in good condition.
    Thanks!
    Paul

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sectional1.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	3896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sectional2.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	3897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sectional3.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	3898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sectional4.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	3899

Default Re: H&M sectional

Probably closer to 18 years old, that wasn't in the line 8 years ago that I can recall. They stopped making those some time ago. Needs new cores, original owner can get those at no charge (but you can't as second owner). Considering new H&M sectionals are north of $ 6K, then $ 800 isn't too bad.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MJM_CA Guest

Looks like it hasn't been cleaned or taken care of (dark discolorations from body oils)...

The style and color are definitely more late 80s - early 90s.

paulc Guest

Duane,
    They are original owners and are willing to get new cores. It does sit a bit unevenly although hard to tell which ones need it most. Do you think H&M would be willing to replace them all? What's the most expedient way to go about this? Should we contact H&M directly? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Probably closer to 18 years old, that wasn't in the line 8 years ago that I can recall. They stopped making those some time ago. Needs new cores, original owner can get those at no charge (but you can't as second owner). Considering new H&M sectionals are north of $ 6K, then $ 800 isn't too bad.

Have him contact his original selling dealer if possible. If they are out of business or won't help, then have him call Hancock and Moore Customer Service in Hickory NC. He'll need to know his model number of the sectional in order to get core replacements. Good luck
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

paulc Guest

The original owner says that a lady at H&M said they won't send her new inserts because they do not deal with the public. She also doesn't have the original paperwork and doesn't recall who the original dealer was to know if they are closed. Oh well, we tried! Thanks for your thoughts.

I've never seen Hancock and Moore that looks like that. Check out Palliser (their Shanelle Sofa) out of Canada or Legacy Leather's Calgary Sofa (Legacy is part of Campio Group.) Also made in Canada. Both manufacturers have sofas that look very similar.