Thread: News on Hancock and Moore upholstered furniture

Default News on Hancock and Moore upholstered furniture

I've been asking them to do this for at least three years.....finally the day has arrived.

Hancock and Moore fabrics are terrible. Whoever selects them is stuck in the 1980's and I hate 'em, and I rarely use harsh words like that. The ones that just came in from the Spring Market 2012 are so bad I'm tempted to put them in the trash - La-Z-Boy has better ones. A premium furniture line should have high quality, stylish fabrics....right?

Well, the same gentlemen that own Hancock and Moore also own Jessica Charles, Councill, and Taylor King furniture. Of those, Taylor King has some EXCELLENT fabrics. I've been wanting to use Taylor King fabrics on H&M pieces and Jessica Charles for some time and requesting they do that without them being costly COM's (Customers Own Material). Well, that day has finally come. You can now use and of those companies fabrics on any other line in the extended family.

This opens up over 1,500 fabrics to H&M customers at a highly competitive price point. Huzzah! I have a grade conversion charge being mailed to me and in a few days time will be ready to start quoting Taylor King fabrics on either H&M or Jessica Charles.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: News on Hancock and Moore upholstered furniture

Great news! I have been very impressed by the fabric choices by Wesley Hall. Really cool stuff.

MJM_CA Guest

That's good news, Duane! I've been considering some upholstered H&M pieces. I wonder if the Hancock & Moore T&C program will eventually include Taylor King fabrics or H&M fabric selection will improve?

Won't be Wesley Hall (I decided not to carry the line) but Taylor King.

No, they T&C program will never have crossovers into sister line product, sorry! Will H&M fabric selections improve? Only if they start seeing a LOT of folks using Taylor King fabrics on the H&M lineup. That would get the attention of management. Personally I think they should send me to go pick their fabrics! I'd get only good stuff from Schmancher, Robert Allen, Pindler and Pindler, etc. that would be premium product. And I'd not even charge them for the time to do it <g>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.