Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&M 1029 Weymuth/ 1058 Herndon questions

thro1 Guest

Default H&M 1029 Weymuth/ 1058 Herndon questions

Hello all. Not new to H&M, but new to the forum. Excellent resource you have here. I have owned a H&M 7007 Harbison Lounger in tobacco (I do not recall which) for about 7 years now. I love the chair, but it has been neglected through wear-n-tear and already has had the mechanism replaced twice. It will be retired to my office as it's still the most comfortable chair I own, but it's a little too beat up for the formal living room.
    Now...on to my questions. The Harbison is a large chair....(I'm a large/tall guy), but I have been eyeballing the Weymuth as a replacement. The Weymuth is a high leg chair and has a decorative wood trim along the bottom of the leg rest. I do not see any other H&M recliners with this accent. I'm assuming the trim raises with the leg mechanism (or no?).....I'm trying to visualize how this would not become worn/rubbed through use.....or does the trim area recess upon reclining? It's a beautiful chair, but I would like to know more about it before I making such an investment.
    On a side note....I've also looked at the 1058 Herndon Lounger....but am concerned the width of back would touch my shoulders (yep, I'm ridiculously wide shouldered).....if anyone knows the upper 1/3 interior width of the backrest that would appreciated.
    Should all else fall I may purchase another Harbison....but the two mentioned offer a bit more width/depth in the seat....the Harbison provided the most usable backspace though.
    Any input would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Default Re: H&M 1029 Weymuth/ 1058 Herndon questions

Here's a photo I took of a Weymuth at Market, and yes, that wood trim area does come up with the footrest, but quite honestly I can't remember how it interfaces with your legs on contact points. The Weymuth is a BIG CHAIR, and to show how so - this is a photo of Craig Glasheen, my H&M Sales Rep, sitting in the Weymuth and he is 6' 5" tall. Go to post # 27 in this thead to see the photos:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...hlight=weymuth

The 1035 Recliner is appx 24" wide on the inside measurement near the seat and then tapers up, though I can't tell you the width at shoulder level without having one to measure.

H&M is also rolling out some new recliners for Fall Market, one of which will be based on the popular Sundance series and I expect that to be nicely sized up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

thro1 Guest

Thanks for the prompt reply.....the height of the Weymuth is a couple inches more than the Harbison.....thanks for the pic link, height suits him, but he may not be wide enough for it...lol.
    Do you know anyone on the forum who owns a Weymuth.....I may pick their mind a bit for further description. Thanks again.

I've sold a couple of Weymuths, but can't recall who owns them offhand. I can always check specs for you next week when H&M reopens after Labor Day...let me know if you need specifics.
    Duane Collie

thro1 Guest

That would be appreciated, am ready to buy (something) now.....just need to determine best fit. I'll worry about the leather choice once I get the model narrowed.
    -Re: the Weymuth, how does the wood trim come into contact with the legs when reclined? or does it come into contact with the legs? Pic's would be helpful to understand. Also, what is the narrowest interior dimension of the wings (e.g..shoulder to shoulder?)
    As for the Herndon, I'm going to rule that one out now.....it's 35.5 inches wide on the whole, taking the wings into account and the large taper outward at near top...I'd be uncomfortably hugged (my shoulders are just at 30" wide).

I wish they could customize a 7004 Grant model 4-5 inches taller in the back.....love that look and ultra comfortable (it would cradle instead of squeeze). Unfortunately, my head would not likely rest on the seat back as is....On my Harbison, my head rests about 2 inches from the top....and it has a very tall back.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated, but I think I've researched all I can re: current models.

Thanks again for the help.

Let me check into all that next week - I'll find out.

Customizing motion furniture is considerably different than stationary and in most cases it can't be done, primarily because the motion mechanisms on the market won't support the extra size. The Weymuth and Herndon use the largest and most robust Leggett and Platt mechanisms and there are no larger ones from any maker - so those will be the upper size limits.

To make a custom Grant with that much extra width would mean designing a whole new chair around one of the large mechanisms and though H&M could probably do it - you would not want to pay the price for one. It would not be reasonable!
    Duane Collie

thro1 Guest

To make a custom Grant with that much extra width would mean designing a whole new chair around one of the large mechanisms and though H&M could probably do it - you would not want to pay the price for one. It would not be reasonable![/QUOTE]

I know making a motion chair wider would be a substantial feat of engineering.... However, I had mentioned additional height added to the top of the chair back.....not a greater width. Just wanted to clarify you understood what I was saying. Thanks.

MJM_CA Guest

Duane, you mention new intros for Fall Market from H&M. When will those be introduced?

Is this the Sundance chair you're referring?
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2279

The High Point Market is OCT 13-18 this fall and I plan to be there the afternoon of the 15th and morning of the 16th. I'm actually going to take a motorcycle trip with half a dozen friends to Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham Alabama for the Vintage Festival and we're leaving on the 10th of October. As its on the way back from the Barber event, I'll split off from the group and do the proverbial 'kill two birds with one stone' and show up at the Hancock and Moore showroom on my BMW K1600GTL. Since everyone there wears coats/ties and the ladies dress in their finest, I should be quite a sight to show up bug-splatted in motorcycle riding apparel and boots....lol.

H&M is building a Sundance Recliner which will be all new for this coming Fall Market. That link is for a stationary chair they introduced at the Spring 2012 Market. The new Sundance recliner is still in prototype stage and has not been completed, nor is pricing available for it at this time. I already have orders for two of them, however - just as soon as I get the word I can submit for them - I shall. Expect pricing to come in about where the 1044 Sadler Recliner would be is my guess.
    Duane Collie

thro1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    show up at the Hancock and Moore showroom on my BMW K1600GTL. Since everyone there wears coats/ties and the ladies dress in their finest, I should be quite a sight to show up bug-splatted in motorcycle riding apparel and boots....lol.s.
    That's a fine motorcycle....should mesh nicely with coat/tie. Enjoy the ride. Thanks again.