Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 anyone?

Judyg951 Guest

Default iPhone 5 anyone?

I ordered our new phones last night and will have them on release day. No waiting in line for this Apple fangirl.

Default Re: iPhone 5 anyone?

I'm not moving quickly on it, but I expect my wife will upgrade to this one fom her Blackberry. (Remember when they ruled the business world?)
    Last edited by aaron; 09-20-2012 at 08:35 PM.

I ordered one same day it was available, before the cut-off. I'm on a 4 now, and skipped the 4s to wait for the 5. Best thing is, I can sell my old 4 on C/L for about $ 150 easily, which nets the cost of the 5 way down.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Judyg951 Guest

I sold one of our 4's on gazelle. Www.gazelle.com. Check into them as I got more and they send you a box and pay for shipping.

Rafree1 Guest

My iphone 4 was stolen in the Toronto airport June 26th. I'm with Virgin and they only had a 16 gig 4S when I wanted 32 so I've been waiting for the 5 to come out for some time now. Yes, I ordered mine already! I really NEEDED a new cell phone after being without one for so long. Competing with all the others wanting to upgrade wasn't going to happen. I pre ordered but, they are back logged. I should have mine within 8 days. I cannot wait! I love Apple *yes, so shoot me! LOL!* I have a Macbook Pro, had iphones before and we use a ipad. After I went to Mac I was so happy with their products I can't see myself going back to Windows.

Virgin Mobile super tab can be a good way to get the 5 if you really want to cut down the cost of getting one. Plans are high here but, they are running a six gig of data plan for 30 dollars a month right now. For here that's a killer deal.

I got my new iPhone 5 today... definitely worth the upgrade. Its much - much quicker than the 4 or 4s, probably triple the speed with 4G. Larger screen is nice, too! Best of all, if you have been using the Cloud, it takes just a few minutes to get it up and running and if you're in a WiFi connection and will download all your apps to the new phone in short order. That seamless integration is what makes the Apple products work so well.
    Duane Collie

Rafree1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I got my new iPhone 5 today... definitely worth the upgrade. Its much - much quicker than the 4 or 4s, probably triple the speed with 4G. Larger screen is nice, too! Best of all, if you have been using the Cloud, it takes just a few minutes to get it up and running and if you're in a WiFi connection and will download all your apps to the new phone in short order. That seamless integration is what makes the Apple products work so well.
    *jealous* I can't wait to get my hands on my new 5! Do you two get the protection plan with Apple? I do. I always wait though and get it after as there are some deals on the Apple Care deal. It's so worth it. Their customer service is great! My son had a repair to his phone on Apple Care, they gave him a new iphone 4 when they didn't feel the issue was solved to their satisfaction, no questions asked.

I do buy the Apple Care for $ 99. And I normally don't buy 'extended warranties' on anything. But there's a reason for that! If you drop an iPad or an iPhone on a hard surface like concrete, the glass shatters. I lost my iPhone 4 like this 10 days after I bought it, and my iPad 3 weeks afterwards, both on shattered glass issues. Back then, Apple would do a courtesy 1-time replacement, but they ended that policy about a year and a half ago. Now you have to buy Apple Care to get that protection.

Drop a new iPhone 5 and shatter the glass its $ 699 for a new one, or you're off to Craigslist buying someones used 4 or 4s to fill out your contract days or you send your iPhone out to a third party who claims they can replace the glass for you for around $ 150 or so. If you have Apple Care, then its $ 49 for a new phone (up to two incidents are covered) no fuss - no muss.

Working around furniture out in the parking lot all the time, I bet my iPhone hits the ground at least once even two weeks, so I need that plan. Yes I have a case on it, and they do help, but that glass can still shatter.
    Duane Collie

Matthew Guest

I've been using mine for about a week. It's a nice phone, but if you don't want the LTE (which is the primary reason I upgraded from my 4) then I don't think it is worth the upgrade. It is the best model of the iPhones, certainly, and how you use your phone is going to influence whether or not the upgrade is worth it to you. For me though, if I didn't live in an area with heavy LTE rollout I wouldn't have upgraded.

When I upgraded from my 3G to the 4, I was finding my 3G to be very sluggish and so the 4 was a tremendous upgrade. I used ios 6 on my 4 for a few days before I got my 5. It is definitely faster, but I wasn't finding my 4 to be sluggish for the stuff I used it for. If you gave me the option of whether I'd rather use the 4 or the 5, I'd obviously choose the 5 (though I do find it almost TOO light), but I'm not certain it was worth the price to upgrade.

I'll second the gazelle recommendation, though it is a little late to use it now. They give you 30 days to ship your phone in, so what I generally do is get a quote the week before the new iPhone is released. That quote is then locked in for 30 days, so I just wait until I get my new phone a couple weeks later to ship the old one in. The prices they offer tend to drop pretty quickly after the new phone is released (they are offering about $75 less for the iPhone 4 now compared to what I was offered a couple weeks ago), so at this point you're almost as well off just selling the phone yourself.

Judyg951 Guest

My daughter was able to sell her phone on ebay for around $300. She had a16gig 4 that was unlocked.