I bought a brand new truck in July to replace my aging, but reliable Isuzu that gave us 12 years of solid surface. While shocked at the price of new trucks (I paid $ 27K for the old one in 2000, the new one - same model - was $ 54K in 2012), I have to say I am really impressed with the new engines. They are designed for Zero Emissions and sport a 'clean idle' sticker on the door. The exhaust system is very complex appearing and I imagine quite costly to repair. With 3,000 miles on the truck now, I really like the fact it makes virtually no noise - its very quiet, even under power. This results in much less fatigue when driving in it all day, and its noticeable. I didn't realize how loud our old one was until this one came along.

The best part though, is there are no diesel fumes from this truck. None. I can park it right next to my entrance door and have it idle while we load onto it, and there is not even a whiff of fumes. I can put my face right in the exhaust and not smell a thing. That's something I thought would never be accomplished in a truck diesel engine. Hat's off the engineer's who were able to build this, and to the government for mandating this on all new commercial trucks. It will make ours a cleaner, less noisy world.