Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1667 Evening Sofa, #084 Robinson Ottoman Equestrian Merlot and Ebony

Default #1667 Evening Sofa, #084 Robinson Ottoman Equestrian Merlot and Ebony

H&M ordered from the Keeping Room August 1, 2012, They left the production facility on September 1, 2012. Delivered to Vancouver, WA on September 21, 2012. (Sun Delivery). Evening sofa in Equestrian Merlot with optional contrasting welt, front arm panels and Gimp in Ebony. Spaced "AA" nails on the Gimp. Ottoman in Robinson #084 in Equestrian Merlot with optional second color in Equestrian Ebony around base. Wood finish is Mahogany.
    Pillows are Size A, Side A is Equestrian Merlot, Side B is Sonoma Espresso (suede.) The suede layer prevents the pillows from sliding on the sofa. Pillows are much heavier than I expected, really nice. The ottoman has two pull out drawers that are perfect for remote controls. These are now residing in my bottom floor "mancave" and will be perfect for a big screen TV (once I get one.) We have had a lot of leather furniture in the past, mostly lower and mid-level manufacturers. There is absolutely no comparison to Hancock and Moore. Not even close. The Sun Delivery guy (young fellow) said the Evening sofa was the heaviest sofa he had every delivered that wasn't a sofa bed. I felt kinda bad because we have a very long steep driveway they had to deal with. They did a great job though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0227 copy.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	3996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0228 copy.jpg 
Views:	788 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	3997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0231 copy.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	3998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0235 copy.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	3999

James Guest

Default Re: #1667 Evening Sofa, #084 Robinson Ottoman Equestrian Merlot and Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by prosdds View Post
    H&M ordered from the Keeping Room August 1, 2012, They left the production facility on September 1, 2012. Delivered to Vancouver, WA on September 21, 2012. (Sun Delivery). Evening sofa in Equestrian Merlot with optional contrasting welt, front arm panels and Gimp in Ebony. Spaced "AA" nails on the Gimp. Ottoman in Robinson #084 in Equestrian Merlot with optional second color in Equestrian Ebony around base. Wood finish is Mahogany.
    Pillows are Size A, Side A is Equestrian Merlot, Side B is Sonoma Espresso (suede.) The suede layer prevents the pillows from sliding on the sofa. Pillows are much heavier than I expected, really nice. The ottoman has two pull out drawers that are perfect for remote controls. These are now residing in my bottom floor "mancave" and will be perfect for a big screen TV (once I get one.) We have had a lot of leather furniture in the past, mostly lower and mid-level manufacturers. There is absolutely no comparison to Hancock and Moore. Not even close. The Sun Delivery guy (young fellow) said the Evening sofa was the heaviest sofa he had every delivered that wasn't a sofa bed. I felt kinda bad because we have a very long steep driveway they had to deal with. They did a great job though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0227 copy.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	3996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0228 copy.jpg 
Views:	788 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	3997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0231 copy.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	3998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0235 copy.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	3999
    I have been waiting for someone to post a piece in your color.
    Is the color closer to the first or last picture?
    Is there a lot of grain?
    It's a great looking sofa!
    Thanks.

Default Re: #1667 Evening Sofa, #084 Robinson Ottoman Equestrian Merlot and Ebony

James,
    The first 3 photos were wide open with a tripod and no flash. The last was with the flash. The color/shade is definitely more like the first 3 when I look at the furniture in my room. I suppose it it were sitting outside on the driveway in the full sun, it would look more like the last photo.

I would say there is not a lot of grain, Equestrian is thick, with some grain but relatively even in color without a lot of pull-up or other special effects. It's a Grade 3 unprotected leather from Italy. It is said to be pretty tough for normal every day use compared to some other unprotected hides. It is not shinny or glossy at all, just an even sort of matte finish. I really like that style leather.

James Guest

Quote Originally Posted by prosdds View Post
    James,
    The first 3 photos were wide open with a tripod and no flash. The last was with the flash. The color/shade is definitely more like the first 3 when I look at the furniture in my room. I suppose it it were sitting outside on the driveway in the full sun, it would look more like the last photo.

I would say there is not a lot of grain, Equestrian is thick, with some grain but relatively even in color without a lot of pull-up or other special effects. It's a Grade 3 unprotected leather from Italy. It is said to be pretty tough for normal every day use compared to some other unprotected hides. It is not shinny or glossy at all, just an even sort of matte finish. I really like that style leather.
    I think I have to get one. If it's not too much to get the contrasting welt I'm going to steal your custom options, hope you don't mind. Thanks again.

James Guest

Duane,

Can you send a quote on the exact same configuration without the ottoman with a separate price for the sofa and pillows?
    Thanks.
    James -
    Last edited by James; 09-22-2012 at 06:07 PM.

James,
    Not to worry. Many of the options were no additional charge. The Gimp and Spaced AA nails were uncharged, but not the rest of the modification. Duane can fill you in.

Whoops... Meant to say "up-charged" not "uncharged"

MJM_CA Guest

Nice custom look!

Chardon Guest

Hi James:

I have been searching for an higher end leather sofa for sometime and fell in love with the #1667 Evening Sofa on the Handcock & Moore site.

I am not certain I will be able to find this sofa in the stores that carry H&M line near me and wonder how the seating is. Do the cushions stay put when sitting, standing, sitting etc.? I really liked another sofa but surprisingly the thick cushions shifted during sitting etc.

Do you mind sharing the price in private message? I really appreciate your comments. Very helpful

hglaber Guest

No experience with Evening, but all of my H&M cushions are held by some very serious hook and loop (like Velcro) panels. Any movement must be very intentional. In fact, removing or resetting them takes a surprising amount of effort.