Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1667 Evening Sofa, #084 Robinson Ottoman Equestrian Merlot and Ebony

Default Re: #1667 Evening Sofa, #084 Robinson Ottoman Equestrian Merlot and Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Chardon View Post
    Hi James:

I have been searching for an higher end leather sofa for sometime and fell in love with the #1667 Evening Sofa on the Handcock & Moore site.

I am not certain I will be able to find this sofa in the stores that carry H&M line near me and wonder how the seating is. Do the cushions stay put when sitting, standing, sitting etc.? I really liked another sofa but surprisingly the thick cushions shifted during sitting etc.

Do you mind sharing the price in private message? I really appreciate your comments. Very helpful
    Hi-
    I am the one who bought this Evening Sofa last fall. I found this sofa here locally in Portland, OR but it was $1800.00 dollars more than what I bought it for from Duane!

I too had concerns about the cushions staying put. The backs and the seat cushions do have small strips for velcro attachment but I think the main reason they do not slip or move is the way the sofa and cushions were constructed and the materials they use. I have had zero slippage, movement or lifting.

You can email Duane (DR Collie) to get the price. I highly doubt you will find a better price... and the service you receive will be top notch.

Chardon Guest

Default Re: #1667 Evening Sofa, #084 Robinson Ottoman Equestrian Merlot and Ebony

Prosdds & Duane:
    Prosdds thank you for your email -- I appreciate your reply and found it helpful. As I look at the names above, I see I really meant to ask Duane.

Thank you
    Last edited by Chardon; 01-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Chardon Guest

Thank you hglaber! Very helpful!!

crunchysue Guest

I just came across this thread while searching for pictures of Equestrian, and just wanted to say Hi to prodds. I live in Portland, and I know what you mean about the local store's prices - I'll be ordering from Duane in the next couple of days. Glad to hear that you had a good experience with Sun Delivery. Your Evening sofa looks so comfy!

Hi Crunchysue- Yes the sofa and cocktail ottoman are first rate. The cushions are a bit firm in the beginning, but over time they are getting more comfortable. After a lot of research I decided not to get the feather top option. I think that would probably have been a bit more comfortable on day one, but over time I feared the cushions would become more and more frumpy-looking with a lot of puddling appearance of the leather seat surface. Duane, who has a lot of knowledge, does not care much for the feather top cushion option. I anticipate the cushions getting more and more comfortable over the years.
    Sun Delivery will get your Hancock and Moore shipment from North Carolina delivered to their Los Angeles area warehouses. Sun unboxes the furniture down there, inspects for damages, then wraps the pieces in furniture blankets and plastic wrap before loading on their own trucks, along with any other furniture they are delivering on the trip up. They did a good job on keeping me informed when they would be delivering.

crunchysue Guest

Oh that's interesting about them unboxing in California. I wonder what they do if they find any damage? Just curious. Duane says there's hardly ever any damage anyway.

Yes, the process is that Sun picks up at H&M (or other supplier) brings it to their North Carolina warehouse, then line hauls it in the boxes via 18-wheeler to their Texas or California terminal if the pieces are going to those regions. (California serves NV, AZ, OR, WA, ID, WY, UT). Once there, they unbox it to inspect then call you for delivery. Then its loaded onto the trucks to your house.

Keep in mind they delivery a LOT of not-so-good furniture that hasn't been touched since it was loaded about a ship from The People's Most Excellent Furntiure Factory # 36 of Shighaw Province, and most product has some light shipping damage. By un-boxing all their deliveries they can have time to touch that up and fix loose things...they have quite a repair department. Its a lot better than having two guys in your driveway looking at a chipped drawer on that hutch you ordered. H&M is 99.8 % ready out of the box all the time, whereas that percentage is probably closer to 60 % for mainstream furniture. That's why they do it.

They NEED to do it. You WANT them to do it!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.