Thread: Mix fabric and leather on H&M Arrington Chair?

LisaLisa Guest

Default Mix fabric and leather on H&M Arrington Chair?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27098_419.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	4032

I am redecorating my smallish family room (13 X 20) and need some advice. I am ordering the Hancock and Moore Arrington sofa in piazza ruby, which is a nice warm red. I would like to order the matching chair and ottoman, but am not sure if I should order it in all the same red leather, or if I should order it in a fabric, or mix the leather and fabric on the chair. The fabric I like is Kravet Beatnik in the adobe color way, which has a lot of red, but seems a bit less bright in person than in the attached pics. The repeat is 13.5 wide, 9.5 high.

http://search.kravet.com/Kravet-/270...formation.aspx

If I do mix the leather and fabric on the chair, am I better off doing the patterned fabric on the outside of the chair with leather cushions, or leather outside with fabric cushions? Or should I just do it all in the leather and keep it consistent? Or chair all fabric?

My local dealer has an extra 5% off through tomorrow evening, 10/8, so I need to decide fairly quickly.

Thank you for your help!!!

Default Re: Mix fabric and leather on H&M Arrington Chair?

Let's talk price first. There is no 5% off factory promotion from H&M at this time so any sale from your local dealer is something he is doing on his own.

The # 5638 Arrington Sofa in Piazza leather is part of the ongoing Town and Country program as well as the # 5437 chair and 5633 ottoman - but only if you get them in all leather. The Town and Country promo runs constantly, so there's no reason to have to rush on that one and is consistent throughout the year.

If you do a leather/fabric custom, you fall out of the T&C program and go into the regular pricing program, so the chair will increase in price considerably. If you're working within a budget, stay all-leather and then bring that Kravet fabric in with some pillows instead. You'll find that will give you some color pop and may be all you need. You'll pay about $ 450 - $ 500 more for the chair in a fabric/leather combo plus the price of the COM material which sounds like it would be about 6 yards if doing the outside and Kravet isn't cheap material, so that's probably another $ 400 or so.

Good luck!
    Last edited by drcollie; 10-07-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

LisaLisa Guest

Duane,
    Thank you very much. I'm sorry, I hadn't noticed this reply before I private messaged you and I am new to using forums. So sorry if I double messaged you.

I knew about the Town and Country promo, but my local dealer seems to think it is only for the Arrington in the Piazza Mink.

I sent you another pm requesting pricing, and like your suggestion about pillows. I was just worried it would be too much red in one smallish room.
    Thanks again.

Town and County is a two-tiered promotion, and on that frame the Piazza Mink is the 'lead' leather and a Married Cover. If they look to the right, in the second column of the Town and Country price sheet, they will have a non-married cover price which is applicable to all the other Piazza colors other than Mink. These will be higher priced than Mink, but still cost less than buying it from the main price book as a GR2 leather.

As far as color blasts, the Kravet fabric you selected won't tone the room down a bit, quite the contrary it will make it even more brash and every bit as vivid. If you want to back off on the red, then consider a softer, more neutral color for the chair.
    Duane Collie

LisaLisa Guest

I think she must be pricing it as a GR2 leather then.

I'm starting to lean towards just getting the sofa and the chair in the same red leather. Maybe since the room isn't huge and the ceilings aren't too high, it will be a simpler, sleeker look. We keep our furniture for a long time, so I just don't want to make a mistake and have it look like I get a set from a showroom floor. And I've never purchased expensive leather furniture before, so we've waited a long time to make this purchase. I really appreciate all the advice on style and pricing. Does H&M have any sort of online furniture configurator that allows you to see what a piece would look like in different fabrics or leathers?

I don't think your local dealer has a good understanding of the Town and Country promotion. She should study her yellow booklet on it and its pretty much straightforward in the pricing.

One chair and one sofa don't really have overkill to them, at least not in my opinion. However you could do the sofa in Piazza Ruby and the chair in something like Piazza Camel or Sand and get a nice contrast color going and still stay in Town and Country.

No on-line configuration generator from H&M. Maybe in a couple of years?
    Duane Collie

7. 10-20-2012