Hi Duane and forum friends. Wanted to let you know the bookcase that John Buchanan made for my husband's 60th is still our favorite piece, and to ask for your assistance in planning the layout and selecting a sofa for our new house. I have two beautiful H&M chairs from Duane in Weston blue leather: one is the Somerset with ottoman and the other is an office-like chair that will probably be put in the office.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chair1.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	4054Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chair2.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	4055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greatroom_plan.png 
Views:	1167 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	4056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greatroom.jpg 
Views:	2150 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	4057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greatroom2.jpg 
Views:	1466 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	4058

The family room is actually a great room with two focal points: a large built-in and a fireplace on the perpendicular wall. The photos from the owner show her two leather sofas. My questions are:

1. Would it look like too much blue leather to put a blue H&M sofa with the Somerset chair and ottoman? Should I pick another color for the sofa?
2. Given the size of the room (17 x 21), how would you lay it out?
3. I know I need another chair . . . should I get an upholstered one?
4. What other furniture would you put in the room? I have the Buchanan bookcase, a sofa table with French legs (would go in back of the sofa which you can see as you enter the room from the foyer), a breakfront with a glass tiger maple top and chest bottom, a cherry sideboard. Plus various end tables.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I don't what to overwhelm you all with pictures, but more are available if that would help.

Thanks a million.