Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October 2012 High Point Market and Photos (mostly Hancock & Moore)

Default Re: October 2012 High Point Market and Photos (mostly Hancock & Moore)

I have not had time to image the market photos I took as I would like to. My camera was set at too high a resolution to post them here on the forum without re-imaging each photo (dummy! I didn't check the camera settings!) so each photo would have to be run through Photoshop and re-imaged for size and other touch-ups. It would take about 20 hours to do all that so instead I have just dumped them all on my Photobucket account in the order they were taken (more or less). You're welcome to view the album but be aware each tag photographed is not necessarily in sync with the piece of furniture it either precedes or follows. These are just as they came out of my camera. And please don't ask me to interpret any out-of-focus tags, because if you can't read them - I can't either!

Best way to view these is in SLIDESHOW mode and just click the arrows left and right. I will not be posting these to the forum, so this is the best you'll get for this Market Photo Series. Click the link here:

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...012/?start=all
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-02-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

TexasMom Guest

Thank You for the Wonderful Photo Bucket shots!
    What would we all do without YOU!!!!
    YOU are 'da Bomb!!! (aka The Best!)

I'll do a better job at Spring 2013 Market....have my camera set up properly and have TWO batteries with me as I ran out of juice on this one well before I was done shooting photos. I think these non-professional shots actually give a much better idea of what the pieces look like 'real world' than the pro ones on the website that H&M should be up in a few more weeks.

See the go-kart half way through? That was in Alan Price's section - he's one of their designers and made it including the frame and the seat. Alan and I always spend a lot of time talking cars and motorcycles and I like him hugely. I actually climbed in the Kart and told him to fire it up, much to the horror of other well-dresser buyers in the showroom who were in their nice suits and dresses (I am always the worst dressed in the showroom, never more than a Polo shirt and Khakis.) Told him that if he'd start it up, I'd do a lap around the showroom. He thought I was serious - and who knows? I might just have done exactly that....lol.
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Duane Collie

By the way, this was my very most favorite chair from Market. I think this design is stunning and I really liked the way the chair sat. Even the arms are very comfortable in spite of being wood. Really a sharp piece, and an Alan Price design. I did buy one, thinking I should call down there and have them do a pair for the store.

http://s1217.beta.photobucket.com/us...12077.jpg.html
    Duane Collie

BevoGal Guest

These pictures are great, and THIS is a fabulous chair: http://s1217.beta.photobucket.com/us...l?sort=3&o=143 Beautiful design. And I loved the go-cart too.
    Last edited by BevoGal; 11-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Thank you! That's the backside shot of the one I liked as well....its equally as nice to sit in as it looks. Alan hit a home run with that design, I hope folks will buy it so it stays in the line.
    Duane Collie

The chair is a work of art. Going through all the pics, I still notice how Capri leathers stand out. They look so rich.

I saw the use of a perforated leather in several pics. Does perforation really provide any benefits?

Motley

Stealthq Guest

Just wanted to say thanks for going to the effort of taking and posting the pics. I don't see anything here to suit what I am looking for, but it's good to know that now rather than waiting for the official website update. Now I can ask for a quote and maybe a leather sample or two

Vegas Guest

Thank you for the photos Duane. Just glad to see what's coming up next with H&M.

Just a little brag - Simplicity Sofas has been selected for inclusion in Furniture Today's October 29, 2012 Best of Market Showcase For those of you don't read Furniture Today (including Duane I believe) here is a Thumbnail of our "honored" sofa.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Megan Box T-cushion Satchi Ivory.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	4099

This is our new Ready to Assemble Megan 80" full-size sofa with a 100% solid oak frame. Weight 180 lbs.
    The Megan is also available as a 74" mid-size sofa and a 68" apartment size sofa.

This sofa is designed to fit through any door or stairway wider than 15 inches.

As shown $1299 retail. Price includes drop shipping to any destination within the continental U.S. White Glove delivery service (including assembly) is also available for an additional charge.

Assembly time - 15 minutes* for a single person. No tools needed. (1 page assembly instructions.) Disassembly time - 5 minutes

(* For you skeptics see the video on the Simplicity Sofas website of an 8 year old boy assembling a similar sofa by himself in 3 minutes 52 seconds.) 8 year old assembles sofa by himself.

Unlimited* lifetime warranty on frame, spring system and cushion cores. (*Simplicity Sofas lifetime warranties have no limitations, exceptions or exclusions.)

Additional Total Satisfaction Warranty provision - "If you do not like our furniture for any reason whatsoever you may return it to us for a full refund, including all shipping charges, for a period of one year after purchase."

For further information (or to find out how we can offer unlimited life time warranties) contact:

Jeff Frank, Owner
    Simplicity Sofas