Thread: Hancock and Moore 2012 Town and Country Program

shellface Guest

Default Hancock and Moore 2012 Town and Country Program

I am looking for a fairly large/traditional sofa that is at least 87 inches wide and at least 22 inches deep as my husband is 6'4" 270lbs. We were considering the Settlement sofa, although realize it is a bit more expensive. We have the room for it, but like the lines of the West End, Rugby, and Journey sofas as well. My husband thinks that the Journey is "too puffy" and is leaning towards the West End or Rugby as part of the Town and Country program. My only concern is the Alberta leather offered as part of the program, as I have heard mixed reviews, and my fear is that the Westen Cane Burnished leather is unprotected and possibly too light. Any thoughts on these sofas/leather quality/feel?

Thank you!

Default Re: Hancock and Moore 2012 Town and Country Program

At 6' 4" and 270 lb, the Settlement sofa is MADE for him! You on the other hand, may get lost in it - depending on how tall you are.

Journey is 'puffy' by design.
    Rugby is going to be a bit small for him.
    West End is probably the best of the three I think, but quite honestly at 6' 4" he's going to be a little cramped in that one as well. Not badly, but it won't be ideal.

Alberta leather? My thoughts on that one are if you are going to spend the money on H&M and get a top quality piece that will last years and years, why put a cheap hide on it? These are 30 + year pieces if the leather is maintained, and the difference between a promotional hide and a good one is about $ 30 per year of useful ownership. I would not own a piece in Alberta myself.... 'nuff said.

West Cane Burnished is a nice leather - and burnished hides are very hot right now. All burnished leathers are glazed, so they will be a bit harder and stiffer than non-glazed ones, but they break in well with use and build character and patina over time.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

shellface Guest

I think the Settlement may be too big as I am about 5'5" and 115. I think a fair compromise between style and comfort may be the West End. I am torn between the Columbia butternut or coffee, document tobacco or harness or aspen saddle or tobacco. Any thoughts on these leathers? I am not looking for something that is easily scratched as I have 2 young kids and a little dog.

Also, what am I looking at price- wise for these?

shellface Guest

What are your thoughts on the chancellor tufted in heirloom chestnut. It looks beautiful but we are getting a tufted fabric recliner.

I like Columbia a lot for a Price Grade 1 leather, in fact its the only GR 1 that I recommend. Aspen is MUCH better than Document in my opinion. Its richer-looking and less processed, with none of the black highlighting. Either the Columbia or Aspen should give you excellent service duty.

I don't price quote on the forum for H&M at their request, if you would like pricing, please drop me a PM (Private Message) with the model, leather and your location for quotes that include delivery fees.

Chancellor in Heirloom Chestnut is a very nice sofa, but not one for use in a family room (3 boys/ dog).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.