Thread: Question on Sectional

moraf Guest

Default Question on Sectional

Hi Duane,

We are just finishing our basement and ready to furnish it. We were going to put a 110 inch Sundance and two chairs but are now thinking that a sectional may also work. A local furniture store that carries H&M were having a floor model sale and we decided to check it out. They have a Sundance sectional on clearance for $5900. They told us the original price was $12,000. Do you think that is a bargain price? I am not completely sold on the color. It is Fairway Desert - Class III- #5611. It is a shade darker than what the picture shows. Also the sectional is symmetrical (2 love seats) vs. an 'L' shaped. Our basement is 20 ft x 17 ft. However there are 3 lolly columns so the space for the sectional would be 20 ft x 11 ft. So an 'L' shape would fit.

Can you tell me what you think of this sectional and the leather? Can you also give us a price for a Sundance sectional in the loveseat and 'L' shaped? Can we also have a price for the 110 inch Sundance? Do you have either on your floor?

I attached a picture of the sectional.

Thank You

Maureen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1028121426.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	4094  

Default Re: Question on Sectional

Hmmm...interesting. There has never been a leather in H&M called 'Fairway Desert', so they are re-naming their leathers. I can't tell what hide that is as the photo isn't detailed enough, though my guess (and it would only be as guess) is that tailors up like Document or Piazza.

While not $ 12K regularly, that's easily $ 3K less than I can sell it to you in a GR 3 hide. H&M doesn't use the # 5611 codes, and I looked through my samples but found nothing with that number on it - so I have no idea what leather is on there, sorry. But even in the starter grade level 1 leather, you'd spend $ 1,600 + shipping over their $ 5,900 sale price, so YES - its a good deal if it works for your application.

Sundance is a GREAT sectional. It starts out narrower in depth at the center and increases from 19" to 24" inside depth as it works its way out to the arms. H&M doesn't like me quoting prices in the forum, so PM me with a specific size and leather grade as well as your city/state/zip for a quote. But that's as good a deal as you're going to get for a Loveseat/Loveseat Sundance in any leather. Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BevoGal Guest

I like the color =)

moraf Guest

Hi Duane,

I called the store. The leather is Equestrian Desert - Class III. The dealer renamed it Fairway Desert. I guess they can do that.

Thanks

Maureen

Yes they can! Many stores do that to prevent customers from price shopping to another store.
    Duane Collie

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moraf View Post
    I called the store. The leather is Equestrian Desert - Class III.
    No wonder I like it -- it's one of my top contenders. Excited to see a picture...if you go back, or if you purchase it, will you post another picture in better light?

bubbaonline Guest

Seems a shame to back a Sundance up against a wall... ;-)

moraf Guest

I took a couple of pictures of the sundance and will see if there is one in a better light. Is the Equestrian Desert a good leather?

Yes. Equestrian is a very nice Italian aniline with a light protective topcoat. It is a saddle leather however, and is the noisiest leather in the H&M lineup. The leather 'squeaks' when you move on it and always will - that drives some folks crazy and others don't mind it.
    Duane Collie