Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first post ready to buy sofa

Default Re: first post ready to buy sofa

Just when I thought I was close to making a decision, I've confused myself even more by really dissecting the dimensions of various sofa styles. It looks like I've neglected to look at overall height of the sofa - (necessary for my tall, lanky sons) - and in doing so have added the following sofas to the mix: the Kodiak, the September and the Evening. How roomy are these sofas compared to the larger City sofa 9844? I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the Evening feels roomier than the bigger City even though it is not as deep (21.5" vs 23") Can the width of a frame be increased? If so, what is the minimum/maximum amount? cost on average?

BTW: I still haven't ruled out the Settlement sofa with modifications - just second guessing myself that it may be "too much" of a sofa after realizing that a leather sofa will sit differently than our fabric sofa I'm comparing it to. Aiya - ya

Thanks for your patience!
    Best, Lyn

A few more questions:

Have you had any customers who made custom changes so that the back height of the larger City sofa is higher? possibly make cushions bigger/taller? or would this make sofa disproportionate? I've read about clients requesting the Evening sofa with straight back pillows. How did this affect the overall height?

While I'm at it - like the nail trim addition to City...what is the cost?

(Sorry - have spent much of the day on the forum and have discovered that there are looking aspects of the City, Evening, Kodiak and September that would create "the" sofa I am looking for so my questions are endless.)

Thanks again!

Sorry - when these sale periods come along I get swamped and can't get to all the questions and the phone, hence the delays in replying.

* The larger City sits well, but the back is not real tall. Kodiak is much higher in that respect.
    * Keep in mind that specs and dimensions are not that accurate, and cushion sizes vary from piece to piece. This is handmade furniture and there is a +/- 2" factory tolerance.
    * Yes, you can custom spec just about any size piece - all have to be quoted and we are out of time for doing that for the Black Friday sale period. Glad to do it after the sale is over for you.
    * Adding nail trim to a sofa that doesn't come with it adds $ 240.
    * Making the Evening Sofa Straight across the back has been done - a few years back. Wasn't too costly. Can be made mostly at any height you want.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.