Thread: Choosing a Leather Grade and Quality for a Home With Dogs

Crw04d Guest

Default Choosing a Leather Grade and Quality for a Home With Dogs

My wife and I have decided to buy our first leather piece and have basically decided we want an oversized couch we can both lay on. Right now we have a linen restoration hardware sofa that we love however we have 3 dogs (1 small one who gets on the couch (hers of course) the other 2 just lay against it). With that being said the two that lay against it always get the sides dirty as they stay outside during he day and bring in the dirt.

In any case, we have looked around a lot and have narrowed it down to sofa 5010 - highlands. Unfortunately we haven't been able to sit in this sofa as no dealers around us here in Greensboro (27408) have this on the floor. Have you ever seen it or sat in it Duane? Also, we are both tall 6'2 and 5'9 so we like the idea of the deep seat. Do you think it's to much of a gamble to purchase a sofa without sitting in it first. Also can you educate me on the classes, im assuming they go up in price as classes ascend? We would like to get a quote from you for a class 2 but I'm not sure which leather specifically bc I'm not sure if I should go protected or unprotected? I love the worn leather look and prefer the unprotected look but worry about the dogs and the fact that we usually eat on the couch. Can you help me think about this Duane and can you give me an idea of prices for class 1 vs 2 vs 3?

Thanks for your time and hope you have a wonderful evening

Default Re: New - couple of questions for a newbie

You're so close to the H&M Factory (Hickory NC) that you should take a ride over when a Highlands is coming through the production line and do a factory tour and test sit. I arrange that for a lot of customers and that's the very best way rather than taking a chance on it.

Read A PRIMER ON LEATHER here in the LEATHER section to get up to speed on leather grades and differences.

Prices done via PM only, not posted in the forum.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.