Thread: Computer Crash

Default Computer Crash

My primary work computer died yesterday afternoon, so I have been knocked off-line from work for a bit. I have a new WIN8 box to replace it, but it will take me a few days to get everything back up and running, so bear with me if I am slow to reply to emails and inquires for a bit. For now and the next few days I will be responding mostly at night from my home computer. Thanks....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Judyg951 Guest

Default Re: Computer Crash

Ugh. I hate computer issues. I highly recommend you make a clone of your hard drive and always have it back up your system in the future. That way you won't lose anything. External drives are your friends.

I'm not familiar with PeeCee's anymore, but I think Carbon Copy cloner is bi-platform now. If not I'm sure there are other apps that can do a constant or daily back up for you. I had an older drive fail a few weeks ago and would have been lost without my back up drive. I lost nothing.

Default Re: Computer Crash

I had a power supply failure on the main unit. the old hard drive is still good and I pulled it out and jumpered it to the new computer. I'm still sorting though the set up of the new unit. made pretty good progress today and hopefully will have it all done by tomorrow, then back to normal. I have two backups though, Mozy (cloud-based) and a Western Digital backup drive. Its not the data files that screw me up - its OS platform changes and chasing WIN 8 drivers (if they exist)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.