Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
Burnished leathers are like commissioning a painted portrait, whereas non-burnished are like a photograph. With the painting, you never know exactly what you're going to get - but often you get something spectacular rather than ordinary. Other times it may not turn out just how you expected. There is more 'art' in the painting than the photograph, however. And such with burnished leathers - no two are the same as they are hand-done and not for those desiring accuracy in color or effect. You can look at the photos and try to average them in your mind, but there is no way to pin it down off a sample or an image...you just can't do it. If that's a concern, then move into one of the more standard hides is my suggestion.
I think you may have misunderstood my concern, it wasn't so much with how the artist painted the picture but the color they used. We are looking for a burnished leather that has a light tan/brown color, we don't want a red/orange color.

So does all burnishing get done with one color or are there different colors they use?

Can you do a CFA with a burnished leather?