Thread: Worth the Trip - Customer Service Extraordinaire

artielange Guest

Default Worth the Trip - Customer Service Extraordinaire

Today I spent the day driving from Pittsburgh to Duane's store (275 miles each way) to sort out the leather choices for a sofa and two chairs for my living room. Why is it worth this investment in time? Dealing with Duane is a complete and total pleasure. He is so knowledgeable about each leather, and is able to guide choices that will compliment each piece. Duane really listens to what I'm looking for and makes excellent suggestions. We ended up choosing Capri leathers for the Cross More Chair (Maize) and Sanctuary Sofa (Plateau) and a brand new leather, Hyde Park Tan Burnished for my Author Chair and Ottoman.

Three years ago, I bought 9 different pieces of Hancock and Moore from Duane for a lake house we were furnishing. Because of the positive experience I had then, I didn't think twice about returning. Duane makes the entire experience fun. I can't wait to see my new pieces made up.

Default Re: Worth the Trip - Customer Service Extraordinaire

Always a pleasure to see you, Judy! I am humbled that you drive four and a half hours each way to my store when I know you pass at least a hundred other places you could make a similar purchase along the way. That makes for a long drive! You're going to have a killer set with one we came up with together, I kid you not!

I wish we had time to do lunch while you were here, but the hours got away from us. Next time!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

artielange Guest

Just came upon these iPhone photos of the three leathers we're using for my sofa and two chairs, with and without flash. The lightest is Capri Maize, the greenish is Capri Plateau, and the brown is Hyde Park Tan Burnished. Should be finished within a few weeks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leather no flash.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	4433Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leather br.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	4434
    Last edited by artielange; 02-25-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Judyg951 Guest

Duane's customer service is top notch. If we were within driving distance we would have gone to his store for sure.

jjk_reef00 Guest

The Capri Maize looks really promising. Do you mind sharing what pieces go with what leather?
    I'm interested in mixing up leathers also so I'm curious about your choices.

artielange Guest

This is the lineup for my living room. I am replacing a brown leather sofa, so I really wanted a different base color. Frankly, I wanted to do the sofa in the Capri Maize, but it would have been too much yellow/gold with my wall color, and the house was recently painted. The Cross Moore chair floats in the room, so the color isn't such an issue. A big patterned rug with all of the colors ties it all together, and I'll add some pillows for the same purpose. Probably not the style for most people, but the older I get, the more I love non-matched color.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanctuary Capri Plateau.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	4435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Author Chair Hyde Park Tan.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	4436Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cross Moore Capri Maize.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	4437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rug.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	4438

crunchysue Guest

I love it. Anyone can buy a matched set ...
    Quote Originally Posted by artielange View Post
    This is the lineup for my living room. I am replacing a brown leather sofa, so I really wanted a different base color. Frankly, I wanted to do the sofa in the Capri Maize, but it would have been too much yellow/gold with my wall color, and the house was recently painted. The Cross Moore chair floats in the room, so the color isn't such an issue. A big patterned rug with all of the colors ties it all together, and I'll add some pillows for the same purpose. Probably not the style for most people, but the older I get, the more I love non-matched color.