Hello,

I’ve enjoyed this forum and I’m learning a lot on what to do and not do when looking for furniture. I currently have a no name, cheap couch that has hit the magical 6 to 7 years in age and is in process of imploding in on itself. I’m trying to purchase the best quality furniture I can find within our single income budget range. If there are details already posted within this forum on what I’m fixing to ask, sorry, I’ve been searching for answers before posting this.

I want to replace this disaster of a couch with a small leather sectional. As a newbie I was having problems understanding all the abbreviations and how they related to how I would view the item if it was in front of me. I have “LAF”, “RAF”, etc. figured out now. H & M threw a few more new ones at me. I still don’t know what the “Q” in “LAQ” is, but I think I know how the piece is measured. The nice thing about the H & M site is that they include a “wall space” dimension on most of the items I looked at. My main confusion is when there is a separate wedge piece involved (sofa, wedge, loveseat). When they give the wedge dimension, is that corner to corner? To get one wall length do you divide the wedge length in half and add it to the length of the other piece (sofa or loveseat)? Also to make sure I have this right, for a sofa/loveseat sectional. Would I add the depth of the sofa to the length of the loveseat to get the true wall length for the loveseat side?

I’m also a little concerned that I’m going to have a hard time finding a sectional to fit my room. The H & M web site shows the Campaign Section 1283, a loveseat/sofa combination, with a wall space of 116” x 92”. My walls are 124” x 80”. The short wall is part of my paranoia of making sure I understand how the lengths are figured. I also have a floor air vent that’s in a bad spot. The corner leg of the sectional would have to clear the wall by 10”. I have attached a drawing showing the layout for that half of the room. I’m going to keep searching and trying to better understand floor space requirements, but it’s looking like I may possibly be limited to something along the line of a LAF-Sofa with a RAF-Chase Lounge. Sorry if I've rambled on too much or was confusing. Any input or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Living room layout.jpg 
Views:	12708 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	4253