Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ready to purchase on Feb. 1st

eft Guest

Default ready to purchase on Feb. 1st

My furniture store does not recall ever receiving a 5% discount from H & M at any time but will pass it along to me if that does occur. If not, I may want to pass my business on to you as you have been instumental in my decision to make this purchase. Can you give me a price on the Campaign Full Recline sofa in Document Sea Mist and the shipping costs to CT? They've quoted me $4500.

Thanks!

Sure, You'l be at $ 3,618 for the piece with the 5% applied plus shipping. Home Delivery Service will charge about $ 260 to bring it to you and install in your home, no sales tax.

Not every dealer gets the 5% allowance in February. The dealer MUST have an account in good standing to get it (i.e., pay their bills to H&M when they're due). So it they're paying the net 15 bills in 40 or 45 days (and a lot of stores are) they'd don't get to participate in the sale.

Thanks, and when you're ready to order, I'll get you taken care of

-Duane

Quote Originally Posted by eft View Post
    My furniture store does not recall ever receiving a 5% discount from H & M at any time but will pass it along to me if that does occur. If not, I may want to pass my business on to you as you have been instumental in my decision to make this purchase. Can you give me a price on the Campaign Full Recline sofa in Document Sea Mist and the shipping costs to CT? They've quoted me $4500.

Thanks!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckdc Guest

It's Feb 15th. Did you buy?

eft Guest

Yes, locally.

ckdc Guest

Pics!!!!

eft Guest

When I get it will do

EFT... I am curious why you bought locally when they quoted higher than Duane? Were there other factors involved in your decision?

No worries! I think everyone should buy where they are comfortable buying. Give you business to whomever earns the sale. Not everyone is cut out for long distance purchasing, and I certainly respect that.

I don't think shopping on price alone is prudent, though I am guilty of that at times myself. Recently I bought a Point of Sale System from a guy in New Jersey advertising the lowest price. I knew what I wanted and didn't rely on him for any advice. Placed the order a month ago and its been nothing but a quagmire of frustration. He has screwed up a simple order three times, has sent partial shipments of the goods and I'm still missing two critical pieces before I can implement it. A month later and my order is still incomplete. Certainly not worth the 10 % savings on the $ 3,000 system. He doesn't reply to emails after the sale and if I don't get the rest of my order soon he'll be getting a chargeback. That will wake him up.

Sometimes the best price is not always the best deal. Shop where you feel you will be best taken care of.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

eft Guest

cuse69 - The price was not as good as Duane’s however I try to support my local business people and that was the determining factor.

I appreciate all the help I received from H&M, the long distance furniture store, my local store, posters on GardenWeb.com and this forum and, of course, Duane.

eft... that's fine to support your local store, I was just curious because you have requested the quote from Duane and had suggested that you would be interested in purchasing from him if your local store was not competitive. That's why I inquired about other factors in your decision.
    Certainly it's your decision to make.