Thread: End/Side Tables

Snappy Guest

Default End/Side Tables

I would like to get a beautiful wood side table for use in my family room, next to my primary chair. I've attached a picture of what I'm now using, and its dimensions are 16.5" x 20" and 27.5" tall. It is very functional, with a drawer for sundries and a shelf for my netbook and ipad. However, I would like something nicer, while still being able to keep organized. It's also several inches higher than the arms of my chair (which are about 22.5"), and I would like a table with a height that is more in line with my chair.

Any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side Table.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	4279

Riddle Guest

Default Re: End/Side Tables

You might want to post a photo of your chair and provide some parameters regarding price.

Haven't seen that configuration lately. We can always customer build one for you - about $ 1K before shipping.

You may find something you like here, these are "top drawer" pieces.

http://www.councill.com/casegoods/sidetables
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Snappy Guest

Well, price-wise, I'm willing to pay for a custom piece like Duane mentioned, if I need to, to get something I like.
    Here are some more pictures. The room has a Taylor King K126 Sanchi chair, and a H&M Rugby Club sofa.
    My chair is one of two IMG Crown (leather) recliners. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recliner.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	4288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taylor King chair.JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	4287

JL Treharn has some taller pieces (is it ridiculous that I've considered taking a saw to something to get it down to the right height?). However, they don't seem to have anything at all with a shelf, which is a shame, because they have some other pieces I'm considering, and it would be convenient to order several things at once.

There are several Councill pieces that I like, but they are all too big and tall. Here are links to Councill pieces that are nice, but too large:
    Piedmont Side Table (34" x 20", 30" tall)
    Jensen Tier Table (30" x 24", 29" tall)
    Major Tier Table[ (29" square, 28.5" tall),
    and the very pretty Pembroke Table (18/38" x 30", 27" tall, but no place for my laptop).

Jonathan Charles has some pieces that are okay, but they're also too big/tall/much(design-wise). I'm going to pop their pictures in the post, because they require you to register to look at their products.
    The Jonathan Charles Seaweed Square Table would work, if it were a bit smaller & shorter, and if it were a little less. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonathan Charles Seaweed Square Table.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	4291 Those arabesques are just too much for me.
    The Jonathan Charles Regency style table is fine (but it seems a bit clunky or something), but it's even taller than what I'm using now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonathan Charles Regency style table.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	4292
    Even something along the lines of their Country living style walnut side table, if a few inches less in depth and height, would work.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonathan Charles country living style table.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	4293

I feel like I should be looking in the Petites department. Is there one, for furniture?