Thread: Hancock & Moore Winter Sale Dates at The Keeping Room

Default Hancock & Moore Winter Sale Dates at The Keeping Room

From Friday, Feb 1st 2013 through Tuesday, March 5, 2013 (4 p.m. cut-off time) The Keeping Room will be featuring an additional 5% off all Leather and Fabric upholstery by Hancock and Moore that is not in the Town and Country Program.

This is the best deal of 2013 on H&M that we will run all year.

Please get your orders in early. Historically, many wait until the last 2 days of the sale and I can be overwhelmed with phone calls and emails at that time!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

seanpat50 Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Winter Sale Dates at The Keeping Room

DUane
    We will be visiting H&M showroom, also various outlets there. Question: Can a local recliner retailer ( from outside NC) save cost even if shipping is involved. We seem to prefer H & M with B& Y a second choice. We are going there to sit in all of our options and make a decision. However we are not in a rush to buy and can wait if the price is worth it. I know you have said NC is not as reasonable as it used to be, Being in NC , can my choice be more cost effective outside the state when shipping is added? Would like to max out at 2k or LESS!

Every dealer sets their own prices, so its just a matter of shopping the pieces through the dealer of your choice as there is no central pricing database. You're likely to find wide swings in retail pricing on a given item.

I would advise you buy from someone who has a stellar service reputation should an issue arise. I know that when you're shopping that it's all about price, but if a problem of some kind occurs post-delivery, you may wish you'd gone with the dealer who will go to bat for you. In my experience, 90% of all post-sale issues are not true warranty problems, but rather shades of gray nuances that fall outside of a true warranty claim. Example:

This past week I has a customer complain about the casing top piece on his new leather sofa. When the light hit it 'just right' he could see a series of drip stains on the cover. It did not show up on digital photographs and he was upset about it. Because I couldn't see it on the photographs, I asked him to return the casing to me and when I got it, I could see the drip stains if I held it at a certain angle under the top coat, which meant they were there at the tannery level. They were very slight, and got past the tannery inspector and also past the marker at the maker's facility and the final inspector. Most dealers would have returned it to him saying it was natural markings or not visible to a reasonable viewing and therefore not warrantied. However, I returned it to the maker and they made him a new one at my request, even though they indicated it was borderline issue. Had it my personal sofa I'd not have bothered with it, but my customer was unhappy about it, and I was able to do something about it - so I did because that's how you do business.

I'm not the only one who services like that - there are indeed others - but often the larger and more discount-oriented the dealer is, the less chance you will have getting something like that taken care of to your satisfaction. Good luck in your search but I don't think you are going to find an H&M sofa under $ 2K anywhere unless its been sitting in a showroom window somewhere for years and is sun faded or shop worn.
    Duane Collie

seanpat50 Guest

Actually I'm looking for a recliner not a sofa. Does this change your answer? I was concerned more about original shipping costs for out of state.

Kornande Guest

Hi - just joined your forum but have been reading and learning for some time. Am looking to buy our 'future heirloom' sofa for our Montana vacation home and like what we have read about the H&M sofas. When I visit the H&M leather page, we are confused by their nomenclature and how it correlates to your terms, e.g., Class2 vs Class 5, Unprotected/Protected, Document Dove vs. Document Jute, Capri/XXX, etc. Could you explain how I should interpret all of this? If you have previously explained it, if you could just point me to the posting would be just as much appreciated.

SEANPAT50: Shipping out of area is not particularly difficult and risk of damage is very slight. You can see a shipping rate chart here in the forum under SHIPPING.

KORNANDE: Look here in in the forum under LEATHER > A PRIMER IN LEATHER. That will explain it all
    Duane Collie

One week left on the H&M Winter Sale. It's pretty late in the game to request samples and still get them in time at this point. Because I am swamped out with emails and PM requests, decor advice may have to wait until after the sale period is over. It gets really busy last week of an H&M sale. Thanks for your patience!
    Duane Collie

Sale is over. Next anticipated one will be in August, but watch out for possible price increases in late June.
    Duane Collie