Thread: Pleased to meet you

Bea Guest

Thumbs up Pleased to meet you

Hello, I just signed up a couple days ago and am posting this to introduce myself and to say hello to everybody, -- glad to be here and am looking forward to some good conversations. It is a beautifully put together site, so orderly and nice to use. A special thanks to Duane for establishing it. I hope lots and lots of good people come on over and join in the fun.

Bea...

Welcome. We look forward to your posts. By the way a few of us still go to our former board (Garden Web etc.) and invite folks over to this great board. Duane does indeed make the difference. He is an honest broker who is refreshingly open with his knowledge and insight. I'm sure you will indeed have a worthwhile experience here. Again, good to have you here.

Bea Guest

Thanks Cuse! Just remembered another thing I love about this site -- no aggressive ads in your face! What a relief.

Bea Guest

Default PS

PS, Cuse (or anyone) I thought my tag "I love 18C furniture" would go under my name or such, but it's down at the bottom of the thread. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Bea
    Click on "User CP" at top of page (header), then Edit Your Details and then Your Current User Title (enter "I love 18c furniture") and check Reset.

I think this sequence will work
    Let me know otherwise

Cuse

Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    Thanks Cuse! Just remembered another thing I love about this site -- no aggressive ads in your face! What a relief.
    HA! That's just because I haven't figured out how to put them up yet <chortle>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Bea Guest

Duane -- ha! Really? Your own or others'?

Cuse -- It worked!! Thank you!

Duane -- ha! Really? Your own or others'?

Cuse -- It worked!! Thank you!
    Oh, I could make money to pay for this site with ads bordering it from Google, etc. It would easily pay for the cost of the forum and to host it. But i decided not to do it (at least for now) since I do like the uncluttered look as well. There is a furntiure-specific google search I put at the top of the page that would pay if anyone used it, but it appears no one does <shrugging shoulders>. No biggie.
    Duane Collie

Bea Guest

I'm sure when and if you do decide to have ads, they will be tastefully done and not so aggressive. Never noticed the google search feature, it seems to blend in with the scenery. Just used it!

I'm sure when and if you do decide to have ads, they will be tastefully done and not so aggressive. Never noticed the google search feature, it seems to blend in with the scenery. Just used it!
    I tried to make it blend into the forum when I set it there. Its supposed to give you furniture-specific results rather than a general Google search. As an example, if you typed in 'Cherry' then it should take you to cherry furniture rather than cherry pie. If enough people use it, it will pay a few pennies here and there to help run the site.
    Duane Collie