Thread: "Palerma" by Bradington-Young

Xtrasmiley Guest

Default "Palerma" by Bradington-Young

OK, since my RH got so much hate, how about this? Found a store selling floor model, which means quick delivery, something I need. They want $4k out the door (sofa, chair, ottoman), but it's too far away for me to go see in person. Good deal, or stay clear?

I'm going to still try to make it out to TKR this weekend, but since most things have to be ordered and may be out of my price range, still looking for that cheap, quick option. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	4315

Xtrasmiley Guest

Default Re: "Palerma" by Bradington-Young

EDIT: Had her send me some photos, looks to be in pretty good condition, she claims discontinued leather type 9887-87 not sure about the grade, nor what that could mean. Any help?
    Last edited by Xtrasmiley; 02-08-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Xtrasmiley Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY2.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	4338 This is the same sofa, color based on camera and light it seems. Leather type 9887-87 which isn't on the BY website. Not sure of grade.

Any Bradington Young leather that has an '8' as the second digit is a 'married cover' leather that is not swatched, and not really shown anywhere. It would be an entry-level hide.

Something is wrong with that chair back cushion in that photo, it doesn't sit that low - its as if the seat cushion is pulled out and that back cushion slid down behind it?

"9847" is the current married cover for the 713 Palmera series. A new sofa / chair / ottoman from my store in that cover would run you $ 3,970 plus VA Sales Tax if in Virginia, plus a nominal delivery fee into MD, VA or DC if you're in the metro area.

So $ 4K is not out of line, but no huge bargain either for a discontinued leather series. If you want that set, make an offer and if you can pay by check or cash that helps them in considering that offer. I would think they would take $ 3,600 or so. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.