Thread: Soliciting suggestions for Lakota sofa

Default Soliciting suggestions for Lakota sofa

All,

I'd appreciate your suggestions for nailhead and other detailing on a Lakota sofa. See the slide (ignore my lack of graphic design skills and the fact i accidentally chopped off the feet of the sofa) below where I've included sample color swatches (leaning strongly toward Tiburon Butternut) and a picture of the couch against my rug and coffee table. Do you think doing the Buffalos across the bottom would be too much? If Buffalos there, what nailheads on the rest of the couch? The stock photo of the sofa uses SS and TT nailheads. http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1907

Any other ideas to customize it? I had originally been leaning toward the Buckingham Merlot Burnished, but was afraid it would look too dark and red with the rug and other furniture.

Thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide1.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	4423

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nailheads.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	4424

Vegas Guest

Default Re: Soliciting suggestions for Lakota sofa

I think the Tiburon Butternut looks strong and beautiful. To me, it would look fantastic on the Lakota which is also strong and beautiful. As far as nails etc., for me, I just asked Duane for help with my sofa and chair because he has seen and used so many variations. Personally, I would skip on the Buffalo Head Nickels, but that's just my preference.

Yes- I definitely believe sometimes "less is more," which is why I've debated whether buffalo nickels would be too much. they're just so fun though. Appreciate your thoughts!

crunchysue Guest

I think the BNB Buffalos would look great on it. I'll be interested to hear everybody's responses to your question, since you're choosing the same leather as I am on my Lynne.

artielange Guest

What is the style of the rest of the house and room where it is going?

There's not one defined style - I have a mix of antiques and newer pieces throughout the house - so I'd say eclectic, but not modern. The family room where Lakota will go has a rustic coffee table and entertainment console in a dark cherry-colored stain and then an antique pine hutch buffet with stained colored glass. I'd like to add in a few Spanish colonial pieces (turned leg tables) gradually to be a blend of rustic & Spanish with some Mediterranean accents. This is not our permanent house, though, so I am just focusing on the furniture and decor itself right now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hutch buffet.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	4430
    Last edited by DCGator631; 02-25-2013 at 05:16 AM.

If I used the Buffalos, I'd only put them along the bottom where they'd be sort of a surprise when looking closely, but not the main focal point.

artielange Guest

Based on the direction of your decor, I agree that some Buffalo nails might be nice if you like them but, as DCGator says, only as an accent. They have a tendency to overwhelm a piece.