Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundance!

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundance!

So we are down to the wire here! I need to decide on how to make this work, and I need opinions please!

I currently own a Sundance Loveseat/Loveseat sectional in Hand Antiqued Saddle. It has A nails and Nutmeg finish. I am going to purchase the Campaign Ottoman in Tuscany Harness (Town and Country), and Author Chair in Tuscany Harness.

I am considering the Achieve Ottoman to put in front of the Author Chair ( I don't have room for the Author Ottoman) and doing it in "mixed" grade 3 colors. And also the Abby Chair, possibly in Mesquite Saddle Burnished or another lighter color. I had the Hadley Chair (Town and Country)in Tiburon Butternut on my short list as well, but now that its a grade 4 discontinued leather I don't know if it will be in the budget.

I am going to try and attach pics of the new pieces I'm looking at (although not necessarily in the right color) and my current living room. The giant flexsteel chair will be replaced by the Author Chair with a small ottoman/Bootstool, the ottomans will be replaced by the Campaign Ottoman in front of the sectional, and the small wicker chair will be replaced by something...not sure yet!

I need direction on putting this together to make it work...I want to jazz it up a bit, but I don't know how. I REALLY want Buffalo Burnished Nails, but don't know where to put them. I like "I " stitching and gimps, but don't know what to put them on either? I want it all to flow together, and not look like a jumbled mess of random furniture like it is now. Help please!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	4439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	4440  

artielange Guest

Default Re: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundan

Individually I love all these pieces. If I have this straight, the ottoman in the leather that matches the Author chair will not be paired with the Author but will be placed in front of the sectional. I think my head might be trying to pair the matching leathers but it could work. I feel like Duane had a couple of chairs very similar to the Abby in really neat leathers as stock when I was there recently.

My biggest problem with your plan is the Achieve ottoman. It's diminutive size (19" square) and modern design don't seem to compliment the 40" width and very traditional club styling of the Author chair, unless your plan is to use it more as an end table? JMO

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundan

Quote Originally Posted by artielange View Post
    Individually I love all these pieces. If I have this straight, the ottoman in the leather that matches the Author chair will not be paired with the Author but will be placed in front of the sectional. I think my head might be trying to pair the matching leathers but it could work. I feel like Duane had a couple of chairs very similar to the Abby in really neat leathers as stock when I was there recently.

My biggest problem with your plan is the Achieve ottoman. It's diminutive size (19" square) and modern design don't seem to compliment the 40" width and very traditional club styling of the Author chair, unless your plan is to use it more as an end table? JMO
    You are correct, the Author chair and Campaign Ottoman will be Tuscany harness, but the ottoman will be in front of the sectional. I really want the Ottoman in the scratchy pull up leather, because I'm sure it will take a beating with feet being propped up on it, etc. I don't want to have to fuss over it
    I guess that's true about the Achieve Ottoman...I was thinking it might look a little more "rustic" with some different burnished and pull-up leathers, but maybe not. It could also serve a an addition seat if needed. Looking at it now though it might not look wide enough if its in front of the chair, and it might also be a bit tall at 19". I liked it because I thought I coukd use it to put some "fun" colors on that I love but can't use on big furniture, and it's pretty affordable hmmm...good food for thought! Thanks!

artielange Guest

Instead of the Author chair, have you ever considered the Wallace? Same basic look but on a smaller scale that may allow you to use the matching ottoman.

Daisymarie18 Guest

I did look at the Wallace, but prefer the Author that I can curl up in I love the 27" seat depth! I wish the Author Ottoman was about 1/2 the depth.

anaye Guest

Daisymarie,
    We went through the same thing with the Author ottoman, that piece is huge and our room is small. We looked at getting one of the Boot Stools and putting some Grade 5 gator skin or something fun on it. But the price was way more than the Author ottoman and we were worried it would look too small with the Author chair. So we ended up ordering the Author ottoman and if it's too big we'll use it as a fireplace seat or coffee table and try something else.

I agree with artielange, the style of the Achieve ottoman doesn't fit with the Author chair, but most of all it would be too tall for that chair.

Another option would be to get 2 Author ottomans in Tuscany instead of the Campaign ottoman (although I think the Campaign will look awesome), and you could move one back and forth between the chair and couch as needed.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anaye View Post
    Daisymarie,
    We went through the same thing with the Author ottoman, that piece is huge and our room is small. We looked at getting one of the Boot Stools and putting some Grade 5 gator skin or something fun on it. But the price was way more than the Author ottoman and we were worried it would look too small with the Author chair. So we ended up ordering the Author ottoman and if it's too big we'll use it as a fireplace seat or coffee table and try something else.

I agree with artielange, the style of the Achieve ottoman doesn't fit with the Author chair, but most of all it would be too tall for that chair.

Another option would be to get 2 Author ottomans in Tuscany instead of the Campaign ottoman (although I think the Campaign will look awesome), and you could move one back and forth between the chair and couch as needed.
    Anaye, it's a bit of a predicament, isn't it?! I did consider 2 of the Author ottomans, but right now I have 2 flexsteel ottomans in front of my sectional and it drives me crazy!! They are always all over the place, turned sideways, over here, over there...I thought I'd be ok with it, but I've decided I really just need one big one to stay put! I wonder if the Author chair is big enough to "stand alone"...or does it really need the ottoman to be comfy?

Daisymarie18 Guest

I'll remeasure the space and double check that the Author Ottoman wont fit...maybe I'll get lucky and my initial measurements will be off on the other hand, it might look awkward to have 2 large square different style Tuscany Harness ottomans.

crunchysue Guest

If you're going to curl up in the Author, seems like it wouldn't need an ottoman or boot stool. That said, you already know how I feel about the Achieve, and I would call it anything but rustic, no matter what it's covered in. How about this NC010 Tresanton Bench? I bet Tiburon Butternut, even as a Grade 4, wouldn't add much cost to it. A Garfield could also look good on it. Or Native Bark, which has a really good feel to it.
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2101

If I were getting that Abby chair, I'd do it exactly like the one at Market, with the pocket. I LOVE that thing!
    http://s1217.beta.photobucket.com/us...l?sort=3&o=175

Maybe think about not having too many different-colored burnishes in the same room; seems like it could get too busy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-26 at 4.32.13 PM.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	4443  

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    If you're going to curl up in the Author, seems like it wouldn't need an ottoman or boot stool. That said, you already know how I feel about the Achieve, and I would call it anything but rustic, no matter what it's covered in. How about this NC010 Tresanton Bench? I bet Tiburon Butternut, even as a Grade 4, wouldn't add much cost to it. A Garfield could also look good on it. Or Native Bark, which has a really good feel to it.
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2101

If I were getting that Abby chair, I'd do it exactly like the one at Market, with the pocket. I LOVE that thing!
    http://s1217.beta.photobucket.com/us...l?sort=3&o=175

Maybe think about not having too many different-colored burnishes in the same room; seems like it could get too busy.
    Ok, I agree with the consensus, no Achieve! I LOVE the Treasanton, I got a quote for it in the Town and Country Cameo Tan Burn a while back...it was still a little more than I wanted to spend for a small ottoman. So I figure it will just cost more if I get it in a grade 3 or 4 sure would be adorable in Tiburon Butternut, though...but if I got that I probably couldn't afford to get the accent chair...but it's my last chance for the TB...ughhhh
    I've always loved that little Abby chair with its cute pocket! I did struggle with having too many leather types in the room...the sectional is burnished, so that's why I'm thinking a nice pull up on the ottoman and Author would be a good contrast in leather type, but the colors would work well together. If I can swing getting an accent chair, I'd like it to have a little pop of contrast color because everything else is very brown.