I ran across this forum, and appreciate all the good info here (and the stuff Duane posted to the GardenWeb forum). I'm in the market for a recliner--actually, I have a houseful of furniture that needs upgrading, but I don't have the budget right now. My old chair has really had it, so I have to replace it.

All I'm sure of so far is that I want leather and I don't want a traditional, "heavy" looking recliner--something like a club chair style, or possibly an Ekornes-style lounger, would work better. Whatever it is has to hold up to me (I am not a small woman) and two large dogs who take turns sneaking into the chair whenever my back is turned.

I've done enough research to thoroughly confuse myself. I can't spend more than $1,500...I'm hoping to find a good recliner on sale somewhere. I'm willing to sacrifice choice in leather color, etc., for a good price on a comfortable, well made chair.

Does anyone have any experiences with Leather Creations or Room and Board? Leather Creations advertises high-quality furniture and a lifetime warranty--has anyone here actually dealt with their customer service?

R&B has very stylish stuff and advertises that all its furniture is made in the USA. Anyone know offhand who manufactures their recliners? If not, I'll call and ask them.

Any other suggestions? I've just started looking. I'm grateful, Duane, that you've steered me away from La-Z-Boy, Flexsteel and their ilk.

I've looked at the Hancock & Moore website and there are some chairs (Webster, Restoration, Ritz) that appeal to me, but I'm guessing they're out of my price range. Am I correct?

Thanks,
Virginia