Thread: H&M multiple item orders

kperregaux Guest

Default H&M multiple item orders

Hi: Does H&M attempt to color and/or texture match the items ordered in the same leather/colourway on a single order? Kathy

Absolutely. The dealer specifies 'match hides' on the purchase order. If there's a problem with being able to do that, the dealer will get a phone call advising same.

The only time matching hides really becomes an issue is:

* Matching a pre-sewn married cover on the same order with non-married in the same leather. Remember that some of the married cover items are cust and sewn in China and arrive here in the USA as a kit.

* Matching an older order, especially ottomans to chairs. For example, if someone buys a chair and then a year later wants an ottoman in the same hide, that can be an issue, especially on aniline dyed pieces. Ottomans push right up a a chair as well, so there is nothing to visually break the pieces as one would get with say a sofa and loveseat that will be a few feet apart from one another.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kperregaux Guest

Default matching nail and wood trim too?

Duane: Would the nail and wood trim match too? Deposit is in the mail for 2 Sundance sofa's (a long 4717 and a short 4716) and a 079 Robinson ottoman all in Antelope Saddle. What is the standard wood and nail trim on these pieces? What would you recommend? Also ordering a T&C Fowler chair, what would is the standard wood and nail trim? Can it be changed? Thanks. Kathy

Hi Kathy,
    Great! Thank you for the order, much appreciated. Sundance comes standard with Mahogany Distressed and the "A" nail, the Fowler chair has Antique Oak as its default finish, and also the "A" nail. You can mix/match most all the finish on the wood and nails among the piece, most of the time with no upcharge. Take a look at the nail and wood sample options and if need be I can send you actual wood chip samples. The ones on the H&M website are reasonably accurate for color and hue, but not exact. Do you want all three pieces to match in finish and nail trim?
    Duane Collie

kperregaux Guest

Default and the ottoman?

what is the standard nail and wood trim for 079 Robinson?

chair is for living room doesn't need to match or coordinate with rest of order.

sofas and ottoman are for family room and I want them to match.

For the vast majority of the H&M line, the standard nail is "A", and the standard finish is "Mahogany Distressed". That includes the # 079 Ottoman.

On the 9714 Fowler Chair, the standard wood finish is Aged Oak with the "A" nail.
    Duane Collie