Thread: Sundance Sofa coming in Capri Butternut

Default Sundance Sofa coming in Capri Butternut

Today I ordered some more H&M floor stock, with my insanity piece being one of the new and very popular 4716 Sundance sofas. I get bored bringing in the Town and Country items in Document iike every other dealer does.

I covered it in the leather that everyone seems to love, Capri Butternet (Grade IV). I tried to order it in a lesser leather, such as Berkshire - which is what its done in the Town and Country program - but that hide just seemed too coarse and pebbly for such an elegant sofa. My sales rep thinks I'm nuts. I may live to regret bringing in this expensive sofa to the floor in this economy but it should be stunning when it gets here.

And hey - if it doesn't sell, I can always take it home.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckdc Guest

hmmm..wonder what brought this on?

artielange Guest

That is going to be stunning. I love that Sundance sofa and have it in mind for my next purchase.

mrcd Guest

It should look great. What made you choose the Capri family over let's say the Equestrian Class 3?

Capri is a finer hide than Equestrian and not as thick. It will tailor a little more crisp on the sofa . I did spend a lot of time looking at the two, and H&M is actually kicking off a last summer ad campaign with the Sundance sofa in Equestrian Claret (the exact sofa you see on their home page when you go to the H&M site). You'll be seeing that in all the major decorating magazines. My sales rep from H&M really wanted me to bring it in just as you see it on the web page, in red Equestrian, but I always like to buck the trend a little.

I did almost spec it in Equestrian or Bari (grade III) but that Capri Butternut is just a knock-out when you see it in person. I'm a bit skittish to floor stock what will be a mid-$ 4,000 sofa when it gets here, but its also fun to show off the top class hides. Big !WOW! factor. It tends to ruin customers who see it in person. They see Capri, then say "that's too expensive", so I show them the Document and Cavalier pieces. Pretty soon...they're back over there rubbing on that Capri leather and saying "There really is a difference, isn't there?" Yep. There is. Many just have to have that leather, then, even though it blows their budget they had in mind.

I like Capri better than its sister leather, Quintessence (also a Grade IV, from the same German tannery), because Capri can sluff off some oily spills that Quintessence soaks up.
    Duane Collie

Odd I/O Guest

Default Pictures Please!

Duane I'd appreciate some pictures of this piece when you receive it. Front/back/side/etc... to capture all the details. It seems that everyone who sees this piece in person raves about it but from the picutres on Hancock and Moore's website I'm not feeling it. The picture on the homepage (main page) in Equestrian Claret looks a little more promising though.

When do you think you'll receive it?

I'll take a number of photos when it arrives. I just ordered it last week, but got it ahead of all the Winter Sale orders so if the hide is in stock It would be here around the end of Feb or early Mar.
    Duane Collie

Odd I/O Guest

Thanks Duane. I'm looking forward to it.

soster Guest

Take it home.... HA !!! That only works once. Ok, maybe twice in the case of a sofa (LR and family room).

As long as it will appeal to the same customer you already get, and as long as people will believe its worth the price you put on it, you'll be fine with it.

An item always has to first pass the "smell test" with the dealer. But after that I always felt an item wouldn't be made if nobody would buy it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Today I ordered some more H&M floor stock, with my insanity piece being one of the new and very popular 4716 Sundance sofas. I get bored bringing in the Town and Country items in Document iike every other dealer does.

I covered it in the leather that everyone seems to love, Capri Butternet (Grade IV). I tried to order it in a lesser leather, such as Berkshire - which is what its done in the Town and Country program - but that hide just seemed too coarse and pebbly for such an elegant sofa. My sales rep thinks I'm nuts. I may live to regret bringing in this expensive sofa to the floor in this economy but it should be stunning when it gets here.

And hey - if it doesn't sell, I can always take it home.

Right as usual, Steve. I like that....the 'smell' test!
    Duane Collie