Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bean Bags are not as comfy as you'd think!

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Bean Bags are not as comfy as you'd think!

Such a small world!! It was great meeting you, and so nice to know someone who "gets" my love for all things H&M I'm going to be on the lookout for that Sun Delivery truck...

BevoGal Guest

Update - I called to request expediting and they confirmed 3/16 is the earliest delivery date. She said it had not arrived until early March ("beginning of this month"), instead of 2/23. Duane will check into it
    Last edited by BevoGal; 03-08-2013 at 12:29 PM.

The way Sun Delivery typically operates is like this....

They are in High Point, NC. Hancock and Moore is 1 hour away in Taylorsville, NC. They will either send one of their trucks or a specialized truck line to pick up the orders, usually twice a week. When the truck goes into that area, it makes several stops until its full, then returns to High Point to be unloaded. Once its off-loaded, its checked for destination and logged in. East Coast deliveries stay in the High Point warehouse, those going to the midwest are line-hauled in the box to their Dallas TX facility, and deliveries to the West Coast and Northwest areas go to the Los Angeles facility they have. Once they land there they are offload and then stripped out of the boxes and shipping containers. Then they are ready to deliver and you will get a phone call to set that up. Usually 4 to 8 days before the delivery takes place. Once scheduled, they will blanket wrap the piece and load them in the order of delivery. Once on site, they will place the furniture where you ask, but will NOT remove your old pieces except to move them same floor only.

Most the time delivery is accomplished in 2.5 to 3.0 weeks from the date its picked up. Sometimes its longer, but rarely goes past 4 weeks. They move a lot of product, and it takes time to sort out the product and make contacts. Its not unusual for a truck to have 25 to 30 stops loaded, so you can imagine the logistical nightmare that creates giving everyone a time window for delivery. I have trouble routing any more than seven for my delivery team locally!

Yes, yours is running outside the average time window for delivery. It can happen. But the good news is they said they would delivery the end of next week, so hang on a little longer! Thanks.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.