Thread: Color to go with a saddle chair

tnagpal Guest

Default Color to go with a saddle chair

Our place has a bit of a mixed modern vibe with a Milo Baughman chair in saddle sitting next to a chesterfield style sofa as the plan.

We are thinking either the Chesterfield 8173 or Tavern 5067 (probably the latter).

So the colors we are looking at are:
    • Stampede harness
    • Garfield chestnut
    • Garfield sable
    • hand antiqued saddle
    • imperial whiskey
    • Pecos mink
    • Rio chestnut

I think we will probably go with one of the darker colors in this list since we want to contrast with the Saddle which you can see here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milo-Baughma...-/251219032417

Anything to worry about or preferences? Duane, I know you said the Garfields vary a lot in sample color...

Also, can I get the 5067 in an extended length?

Default Re: Color to go with a saddle chair

That's a matte leather you have on the Milo Chair, so one of the questions I have to ask is if you want a sheen change or prefer to stay matte? If so, then your leathers will change....of the ones you have listed they all have some gloss or shine to them:

• Stampede harness - primitive, knarly leather full of natural markings. If the Marlboro Man were to buy a leather recliner this would be the hide he'd choose. Cowboy, all the way
    • Garfield chestnut - Beautifully deep and translucent. Varies a lot from the swatches.
    • Garfield sable _ see above
    • hand antiqued saddle - Lots of darkening glaze applied. You either love the look - or you don't. Not much middle ground
    • imperial whiskey - Great hide. Lots of interest visually. Going to look a bit old school next to the leather you have coming on the chair.
    • Pecos mink - you won't like it with that chair
    • Rio chestnut - A horrid series that looks plumped up and overly faked. Pass on these hides.

H&M will make most anything custom. We just ordered a 4-seat custom Yosemite sofa this week. Cost depends on overall length and grade of leather selected. On the Yosemite it came out to $ 1,000 to add 24" to the length
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.